Game - I've done this; have you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

Many moons ago, I remember that I was going to go into sixth grade that fall, I was at a local carnival with neighbors. Their son and I were pretty good buddies and we were on the Ferris wheel. We got stuck at the very top. I didn't (and still do not) like heights, so I wasn't amused. He started swinging the car. I just sat there (probably in terror, knowing me.....I really don't like heights). Eventually, we were able to get off the ride. To this day, I don't do Ferris wheels. I'll ride the highest, fastest, meanest roller coaster on the face of this earth. But you will never get me on a Ferris wheel. Not gonna happen.

Have you ever ridden a roller coaster that included loops? (I love coasters!)
I am the same way about Ferris wheels.  And that's the same ride I was stuck on, also at the top.  

Never with loops but I've ridden on lots of the old-fashioned kind.   I love those.  

Have you ever found someone's driver's license and mailed it back to them?   I once lost mine and someone mailed it back with the request that I do the same thing if I ever found one.  It took about 20 years before I found one, but I dutifully popped it in the mail.  

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
No, but I did find a man's wallet along the road when I was out walking one night. No money, no credit cards. His license was in the wallet, so I looked the name up in the phone book and did call. Left a message. When nobody got back to me by the next day, I took the wallet down to the police station, told them where I found it. We think somebody stole the wallet from the guy, took what they wanted, and then threw the wallet out the window as they were driving down the road.

Did you ever get really rip-roaring drunk? (I did....it's not fun.)

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
Ah, yes, unfortunately many times.  I barely drink now.  It just hurts too bad and takes too long to get over.  Wine with dinner, or if I've had a bad, bad day.

Have you ever had a migraine?  I never did, up until about 2 years ago.  Infrequent, but now I do have them occasionally.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
OMG.  Have I ever had a migraine?  I used to spend more days with migraines than without and don't even remember how many times I ended up in the ER until the sumatriptan class of drugs came on the market.  I still get them, but not as often.

Have you ever been to the ER and had it take less than 6 hours?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Yes - people with cat bites go to the head of the line! :lol3:

Have you ever ironed your hair? I did as a teenager, but not regularly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am the same way about Ferris wheels.  And that's the same ride I was stuck on, also at the top.  

Never with loops but I've ridden on lots of the old-fashioned kind.   I love those.  

Have you ever found someone's driver's license and mailed it back to them?   I once lost mine and someone mailed it back with the request that I do the same thing if I ever found one.  It took about 20 years before I found one, but I dutifully popped it in the mail.  
Yes, once about 6 years ago.

Ah, yes, unfortunately many times.  I barely drink now.  It just hurts too bad and takes too long to get over.  Wine with dinner, or if I've had a bad, bad day.

Have you ever had a migraine?  I never did, up until about 2 years ago.  Infrequent, but now I do have them occasionally.
OUCH!

I've never had migraines, but know those who do. So far so good.

Ever drink ouzo, aka raki or arak?

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes - people with cat bites go to the head of the line!

Have you ever ironed your hair? I did as a teenager, but not regularly.
I never even tried to iron my hair. It was far too unruly for that. I know some guys who did back in in the 1970s.

Ever drink ouzo, aka raki or arak? (Not for the faint of heart.)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Yes. Rick and I got caught skinny-dipping at a State Park. It was embarrassing. Now we do our skinny-dipping in our pool. Although my sister caught us there one time, too.

Have you ever tried moonshine? Real honest-to-goodness moonshine? It was an...... interesting experience.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No & I guess I never will as I no longer drink.

Were you ever a pothead?
No but I used it regularly, once way back in time

Ever "bumper hitch" in the snow? I did, once, which was enough. Sigh. Kids!

margd

Veteran
Purraise
No, but that reminds me of a question.

Have you ever hopped a freight train?  When I was young and stupid, a friend and I were walking near the tracks when a freight train came along.  "Let's hop it" I said and he proceeded to do just that.  When it was my turn, all I could see were visions of my arms and legs detached from my body and strewn across the grass.  I would take a little jump and land back right where I started from!

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Never.  I always got sick before I had a blackout.

Have you ever drunk a really expensive bottle of wine?  A friend and I drank a bottle of Lafitte Rothschild many years ago.  I don't remember the year.

hbunny

Super Cat
Purraise
No, but champagne, yes.  But not like ultra-expensive, just Moet and Chandon, a really expensive bottle.  It tasted no different to me than any other I had tried.  Guess I have poor middle class taste buds or something since I didn't appreciate it's nuances haha!

Have you ever had home-made wine?  My dad used to make it...I have his recipe but it's so cryptic with drawings I'm scared I would poison us all or something!!

susanhankerson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hahah, yes. Several times, it's pretty popular in my country. But I remember too brightly that on time. Oh God! I was a little bit more hmm.. younger , actually I was pretty young and one of my family friend made it and gave us a try ok, soo we tried and tried and it was really good, very sweet and I keep trying and next moment, Boom!! I was soo drunk, I haven't been this drunk ever again.  It didn't have any alcohol taste , nothing, just like apple cider without bubbles. And after that, I was done with home-made wine for years. I stop writing before I give too much details haha LOL

Are you more beer drinker or you prefer wine?

hbunny

Super Cat
Purraise
It depends on what I happen to be eating I suppose.  I never really thought of it.  I like each to their own.  Beer, I can just drink alone, or have with certain foods.  Certain wines I prefer only with food, yet I can drink a moscato alone.

If you are a wine drinker...do you prefer dry or sweet?  I like drier wines, like a merlot.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It depends on what I happen to be eating I suppose.  I never really thought of it.  I like each to their own.  Beer, I can just drink alone, or have with certain foods.  Certain wines I prefer only with food, yet I can drink a moscato alone.

If you are a wine drinker...do you prefer dry or sweet?  I like drier wines, like a merlot.
I am and I like sweet wine, Moscato, Lieberfraumlich, Eiswein

Do you ever cook with wine? I do, with dry wines

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No I don't ever cook with wine.

I have moved across the country to care for a sick friend, and made it my permanent home. 

Have you done this or something interesting?

Status
Not open for further replies.