Furry Mice

blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Debby

please read my reply to that thread.

all i did was express a few suggestions & ideas, and i dont see anything wrong with that.

obviously you took my comments personally and are acting as though it was my intention
to hurt you, even though i had no idea about your past experience.

why would you give me so little credit?

if this is the way it's going to be whenever i stir a little opinion of mine up,
maybe i should be the one to leave.

give me a break.

i give more of myself then you know to this site, and i wont sit here and be judged this way.

rene

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow - from furry mice to all kinds of controversy - okay, I just have to put in my views.
The mice - my cats love them and it is often how I make friends with some of my shyer fosters. It says from the wholesale catalogues they are made out of synthetic material - I hope its true, but even if it is not, I am not going to stop ordering them. If it is rabbit, I cannot save all the rabbits in the world and there are other fights that are more important to me. And so I will continue to support the little furry mouse industry!

Eating meat - Kat, you are just like my oldest daughter - she is beautiful, a perfect size 5 - she does not eat meat or poultry - she also tends to preach kind of like you were doing - BUT she doesn't mean to hurt or offend me, as I am sure you do not either. Many of us on the site are overweight - but I am active, healthy and I assure you very happy to be alive. In fact, Sandy, Donna, Michele and I are some of the most active alive (and slightly overweight) people you ever want to meet! Frannie is thin (but I don't hold that against her).

I do eat meat - and it makes me feel bad because I know how the animals are killed. But I do love pork and beef and know I will not give it up so I try to do an alternative to being a vegetarian. I buy my meats from a store that sells only free ranging beef, pork, poultry, etc. This allows the animals a decent existence before they are slaughtered for food.

Everyone here is entitled to their opinions on meat and furry mice - now you have mine too!

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to agree with Rene on this topic...... I won't stop buying the little furry mice. My cats love playing with them. I eat red meat and chicken/turkey. I know how they are slaughtered, but I am not going to stop eating meat because of that....... I don't like to think of things like that. If you thought about that and the furry little mice, you would drive yourself mad. This doesn't apply, but think of it like this: Even if you live in a safe neighborhood, etc. there is always a chance someone could break into your house. Now, are you going to live your life in fear because of that and think about it all the time? My answer is NO..... So, it sort of fits into the issue with this topic. Those of you who are not going to buy the mice, I don't hold nothing against you
That is your choice. Anways, just my opinon!!

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to let this lie until I saw a couple of people thinking that I actually would refer to them as pathetic…which is very hurtful.

Yes, I definitely remember Anne's thread about losing weight. How can I forget. I wrote up over 12 programs with diets for our members and was more than happy to do so. I received email with pictures of many members here that were not even what I'd call overweight, however our own society establishes such guidelines that are more than extreme.

During my tenure as a personal trainer, I've worked with women that were 50-100 lbs. overweight and I never considered referring to them as pitiful souls! All of them were filled with life, extremely witty, intelligent and it was more than my pleasure to know them.

There had been an actual reason for what I said and I should have been honest about it from the get go. I train (or I did train, I'm not any longer as of 3 days ago) a woman who is over 300 lbs. She came to me desperately seeking help on an exercise and diet regime. I had told her that I would be happy to help her but there's more to training than just an hour a day in the gym. The rest is up to the individual to do their homework. I called her up to 3 x per day everyday 7 times a week…only out of the goodness of my heart, as I did feel how deep her desperation was. Maybe someone that could help her see that she was indeed capable of getting through this. Her life was miserable, or so she said. She told me she was a food addict. I have read up on this stuff, I've been in the fitness business for over twenty years now. So, I'm familiar with what food addicts are supposed to stay away from. Flour and sugar are a major no-no; caffeine is also not a great idea either. However, that can be allowed only in small amounts. I've worked with a few that I know of. Many won't give you a clue if they are or not. What I do understand of this disease is that like Donna has mentioned, you just can't give food up. You have to eat to live. I also have learned that once someone removes the sugar and flour from their diet, it is much easier to live with. So, there is much hope for food addicts. The problem being is that it isn't easy. You must have lots of support.
Unfortunately, the whole thing blew up in my face because she is not seeing results fast enough and the reason being is that she is not following my diet that I had written out especially for her, there are no flours or sugars in her diet but, she refuses to give them up.
She then tells many members of the gym, including my clients that I'm using her for her money, and a bad trainer trying to discredit me for the work she has been sabotaging herself. Thank the Lord that I have a very reputable business and my clients didn't believe a word of it, but that still doesn't make it easy to digest (no pun intended).
I don't need her money that bad! I have work as a carpenter. I do training in the evenings and weekends. I love it and it's a way to help others get the result they want instead of wandering aimlessly in the gym without a clue as to what to do, when and how to do it.
So, with that I did get extremely hurt, as well as very pissed off at this person. Now that still doesn't give me the right to say what I said, but I was angry. I have been training her for the past 5 months and I really put myself out for this person.
I guess the only reason why I'm bringing this up is because there are a few of you that I had spent time writing programs for believe that I was fingering people out on this site! Or that I have no courtesy whatsoever to those who treated me with kindness through some of my darkest days this past year.
Those of you that know me know there must've been something else involved. You're not mindreaders and aren't supposed to be one. But, give me some credit here. I would never do that…ever to any of the people that I feel have been such genuine human beings to me. Not to mention, I had made some personal relationships I wish not to burn! Come on you guys...I do care and I although I shouldn't of said what I said, it wasn't about you. I didn't want to mention what happended only because I thought it would appear like I was whining and feeling sorry for myself, which I totally hate, but that blew up in my face too. Damn I can't win for losing!

Sadly,

michelerad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cat

If if helps any, I think you are a great person. I will never forget the support you gave me when my cat Andy was missing. So to me you will always be a very caring and compassionate person.

Michele

tiggeytoes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Catarina, please stop beating yourself up over this. Who among us hasn`t said something they have regretted? Unfortunately the printed word is harder to erase. You are a kind and caring person. I, too am overweight, and, at first took offense at what you said....but I..got over it, especially when you stated what you meant. Please put it behind you.

prettykitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OH MY! I had no idea about this and the furry mice. My cats love them.
The thought of people killing animals really upsets me and I don't understand why things like this happen.

After reading this post I called my mom and we have decided to make our own mice. We are going to buy fabric and cut out a pattern, then stuff the mice with pillow stuffing with a little catnip in it.
This is just an idea for those who aren't going to buy the fuzzy mice. I know I'm not going to anymore.

The first mice my cats had were made out of some kind of fabric and they loved them too. Who knows maybe I can start selling them myself, if my cats approve.

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys are so sweet :angel2:
:angel2:...Thank you and I really do care. :angel2: This means so much to me to have your forgiveness....

Love &

miss whitney

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat eats the tail of those fuzzy mice. We had to quit buying them. He would have it eaten before we knew it was gone. I looked for the tails but never could find them so I guess he did eat them. He never got sick but we avoid the ones with long tails. He likes this ball that flashes when you hit it and of course any cat nip toy.