Funny/ weird last names???

george'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also recall two patients whose last names were Onion and Organic
I had scheduled both of them to be seen back to back!!!

george'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

MINE is an embarrassing name and I got teased a lot when I was growing up
....BUT it is also a city in France so I can't get to embarrassed! Now that I'm older I still hate saying it though
So what is it? I'm curious to know

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I work with a girl whose last name is Handwork.

The good news is she just got married.

The bad news is his last name is Hickey.

She will not be hyphenating.

Our high school principal's last name was Baggot. He was a great straight-man for a high school full of burgeoning comedians.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I have a student whose last name is Focker. There are a couple of families with the name Kothaus in this area ("Kot" is German for "excrement"), and there's a baker (Bäcker) in our town named Bäcker, and a doctor (Arzt) whose name is Arzt.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I go to school with a girl who has the last name Baldo, a girl I used to be friends with, her mom's maiden name is Shrewsberry, there's a teacher at my school with the last name Fries (pronounced "freeze"), there's a teacher at the middle school with the last name Cockerham, and people were reading this book in one of my classes by a guy with the name "Harry Wong"..

I've heard of a few other odd last names..

Truelove
Youngblood
Boob (I'm totally serious.. and this was a guy.)

There were a few more, but I forgot, so if I remember, I'll post.

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by OllyExtra05

My husband was once the camp counselor for a young lad named Dick Weiner Jr.
That's right, his father, Dick Weiner Senior, passed that gem of a name onto his only son. Now that's love.

Also, my husband once worked with a woman who's last name was Bent. She married, and decided to hyphenate her last name, and she is now Marsha Bent-Dick. They also now have children. The Bent-Dicks. Special.

Along that theme, I met a guy once whose name was Richard Head...he took great pleasure in introducing himself to everyone by his nickname -
'Hi, I'm Dick Head'.

The only other funny last name I've heard recently was LaBootie.

sbw999

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tuxedokitties

Along that theme, I met a guy once whose name was Richard Head...he took great pleasure in introducing himself to everyone by his nickname -
'Hi, I'm Dick Head'.

The only other funny last name I've heard recently was LaBootie.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My friend married a guy with the last name Catchpole and my other friend is dating a guy who's last name is Pickles.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A friend was reading a handbook on faceting by Jack R. Cox. Then he found another guide on the same subject by Louis Wiener. He'd get lots of stares while reading them on his lunchbreak!
(BTW - he became an expert faceter!)

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Ocarsmommy's last name is a homonym for the chest area. (
Hi, Courtney!)

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by OllyExtra05

Also, my husband once worked with a woman who's last name was Bent. She married, and decided to hyphenate her last name, and she is now Marsha Bent-Dick. They also now have children. The Bent-Dicks. Special.
I really hope they had no boys! I can only imagine what would go on in middle school in PE class!

Here's mine:

Gym teacher in High School had the name of Richard Peter (Dick, for short) I wonder why he went by Richard?
In one of the yearbooks, he is mentioned as Dick Peter.

Dad used to do business with a guy named Harry Wang

Had a drill sargent in Basic Training named Sgt. Stillsmoking

In a marriage announcement:
Her last name was Kuntz. His last name was Dick. Not sure if she hyphenated that afterward.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Max's surname is seriously bad. I can't put it here, he'd kill me, but lets just say that I've already told him that when we have children they are having MY last name. He uses it as material for part of his stand-up routine. Gets a laugh every time. Oh, and it rhymes with the absolute rudest word in the English language. God, it's awful! I mean, he changed his first name by deed poll a few years ago, I always wondered why he didn't do both at the same time!!

Hyphenated names can be so funny. My mother's neighbours when they were kids were called the Hussey-Freaks.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I knew a Richard Head once, doubly funny because he was in the Navy, where the toilet is The Head.

An ex-boyfriend worked in the county Library in Seattle, he saw some doosies.
Someone who's last name actually was Famous, so they had their first name legally changed to Somebody.
Dat Dang Ho (One can only hope he/she was Asian).

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is one I remember, I think it was a receptionist at a doctors office...anyway her last name was Doda, pronounced Doo-Da

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two last names that I have come across were Indian names, One was "Bad Yellow Hair" and the other is "Comes At Night" I know there are others, but one cannot be printed here and I cannot recall the others.