Full Metal Jacket's show thread

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nial,

Even if Jack doesn't Supreme, you and Teri can be proud of the fact that Jack is one of the best bengals ever bred and has the biggest fan club...EVER!!!! But keep going - I'm sure the Supreme is just around the corner!!!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was thinking about going to the Toledo show. If I go it would be either Saturday or Sunday but not both. If there is a difference which day would be the better one to go? What is the admission fee just to watch and not show?

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Denice

I was thinking about going to the Toledo show. If I go it would be either Saturday or Sunday but not both. If there is a difference which day would be the better one to go? What is the admission fee just to watch and not show?
I went both days and the judges are different on the second day and I noticed that some of the cats had withdrawn after the first day. I enjoyed both days but there were more cats on Saturday.

The price at this show was 5 dollars but if you brought a can of cat food you received a dollar off your ticket.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What are Miss Spotty Paws' problem areas? That interests me. I know breeders look for certain things in color, shape, etc. But to just know the formula inside and out amazes me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

What are Miss Spotty Paws' problem areas? That interests me. I know breeders look for certain things in color, shape, etc. But to just know the formula inside and out amazes me.
Bengals as show cats, must conform to the standards for the breed. Because bengals are a relatively new breed, being in existance for a bit more than 30 years, we are all still working on the "perfect" bengal.
It's a difficult task to incorporate every perfect trait in each cat, so most bengals fall a bit short in some area.

In Spotty's case, she has a weak chin. The standard calls for the nose and chin to be in perfect vertical alignment when viewed in profile. Spotty looks like she has an overbite.
Her tail is also thin. The standard calls for a short thick tail.

I will not be showing her again, although I will breed her to Jack, as she has many wonderful traits that I want in my silver program and Jack has in his genes what she lacks...strong chin and a tail like a baseball bat. Spotty's standout traits are: Extreme silver/white background, large closed rosettes, spotted legs, bright white belly, brilliant green eyes, and virtualy no tarnish....and a sweet personality.

I felt obligated to show Spotty, because the breeder we got her from felt she was show quality. I felt she had the flaws I mentioned and the judges confirmed it upon questioning them. At this point it's no longer just my opinion and I can tell her breeder that trained judges concur.

Spotty is a wonderful bengal and very striking. When she was being judged I heard many comments from spectators about how gorgeous she is, but they don't have to nit-pick.
I do.
She's definitely an asset to our breeding program, but trying to make her a champion is, IMO doing a disservice to the breed at this point, since we are all striving for perfection.
My goal is to combine Jack and Spotty's genes to get a near perfect silver show cat.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Ive never really looked around this forum before and for the past hour Ive read through the threads and I am absolutely hooked!
Jack is an absolute star. He does you proud everytime. Sorry the last show didnt quite get the result you wished for but hopefully next time.
That is very cool that you and Eva got to meet up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pombina

Ive never really looked around this forum before and for the past hour Ive read through the threads and I am absolutely hooked!
Jack is an absolute star. He does you proud everytime. Sorry the last show didnt quite get the result you wished for but hopefully next time.
That is very cool that you and Eva got to meet up.
Thank-you!

Definitely enjoyed meeting Eva and her family. Takoda couldn't have gone to a better home.

Jack's going to get another chance at that elusive "supreme" in April.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks for your answer to my question Nial!!!!

I've always wondered how breeders can tell - I mean i know they must have it pretty much memorized but still!!!!!!!!!

thanks again