Full Metal Jacket's show thread

siameseohio

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How exciting! I'm praying that Jack get's his "best cat" final.
I hope you are able to take some pics for us.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the well wishes! Teri and I will be holding our breath the whole show of course. I'm hoping for it, but not expecting it...no major disappointment that way! If he doesn't get it this time, we'll just have to keep going.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some more well wishing for you, Teri, and Jack! I am sure he doesn't need it, he will do great with out our whishing for it, he is just a great cat!

reddicequeen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well wishes from us!! I hope Jack does well...but just look at him..he's gorgeous.
Skye has his first show next weekend In Westland Michigan. I will be happy if he does not embarass me by biting a judge on the nose or something horrible like that *he's never bitten anyone before*....but
I will be watching the thread to see how he does!!! Congrats!

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by reddicequeen

Well wishes from us!! I hope Jack does well...but just look at him..he's gorgeous.
Skye has his first show next weekend In Westland Michigan. I will be happy if he does not embarass me by biting a judge on the nose or something horrible like that *he's never bitten anyone before*....but
I will be watching the thread to see how he does!!! Congrats!
Thanks so much for the well wishes.....please accept mine as well for Skye.

Don't worry, he won't be a nose biter....
the judges know better than to provide their noses as entertainment for cats..at least most of them do.

Skye will do fine...just make sure you project a positive, fun attitude for Skye, even if you have to fake it. Your relaxed attitude will be sensed by your cat. If Skye gets tense and apprehensive.....speak to him in a calming normal encouraging voice. He'll do fine and so will you. I hope you both bring home lots of ribbons!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll add my good wishes for Jack

I'm a big fan of your Bengals, although I tend to "lurk" in this forum.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't have the news I had hoped to share.......

Jack missed getting his supreme at this show by one cat. He needed to have a best cat final and he got 2nd best.

We're disappointed, but he did well over-all considering this was the biggest class of bengals I've seen at a show in quite sometime.

Better luck next time.........

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In other news......

We got to see Eva (Snosrap5) and her family again at the show. We even put Eva to work, helping us take the kittens..Itsy and Spotty Paw and of course, Jack back and forth to the rings.

It was a real pleasure seeing her and hearing her stories about Takoda. I think she enjoyed herself and we certainly enjoyed having her there.

Thanks for coming Eva!

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm glad Jack still did well! He'll get his supreme in no time, I'm sure, he's such a stunning cat!

reddicequeen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kai will you be at the Maumee Ohio Tica show in February? I will be there ...but not showing. My Skye is staying home. I was a wreck! He was just shy, I brought Remy to keep him company who freaked and peed all over himself in the car...hahahhha He got an after show bath! Poor guy all that trauma AND a bath!
They ragdoll breeder of my cats show all the time. They were showing here in Michigan And in Florida the same weekend. I would rather go as a helper *g I wasn't made for that kind of stress

It sounds like your Jack really only needs one more show to be King of the Kats..
If I am attending a cat show in your area I will find you....he IS a beautiful boy but you know that! talk to you soon

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nevermind Nial, you can always show Jack again!!! BUT, congrations on the 2nd Best!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry Nial,

I hope you have better luck next time. Do you have any hints on things to improve on?

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

I'm sorry Nial,

I hope you have better luck next time. Do you have any hints on things to improve on?
Yep! Get the judges better glasses!
I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that but he was the best cat there!!!!

Nial, as you know it was an absolute pleasure!! I wouldn't trade the last two days for anything! I learned so much and you and Teri were so patient with all my questions! Thanks!

Pictures soon in Fur pics!

siameseohio

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Jack is already Supreme in my book. We've just got to wait for the judges to catch up with what we already know.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jack will get it next show - how many bengals were competing and what did the others do in the ring. Nial - check out my thread on Charlie (re bengals).

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohhhhhh that's a shame!! Yay for 2nd top cat though!!! I bet Jack didn't care either way

Edit: I can't find results for the others, how did Miss Spotty Paws and Itsy go?

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Jack will get it next show - how many bengals were competing and what did the others do in the ring. Nial - check out my thread on Charlie (re bengals).
Jack had alot of competition from other bengals in this show. He was up against 15 championship bengals.
3 black silver spotted
1 black silver marble
1 seal mink marble
2 brown marbles and.......
8 brown spotted

I'm proud of how he did. He beat all the other silvers 10 out of 12 rings and held his own with the rest of the field in all the rings. He just needed to inch up one more position in that final and get the "best cat". Wasn't to be, this time. I'll proudly walk off with 2nd best all breed cat.

Itsy, did extremely well against a field of 10 other bengal kittens. He placed 1st or 2nd in color in nearly every ring, and got 2 sixth best all breed kitten finals.

Miss Spotty Paws got best in color and best in division in all 12 rings.
, but.........she was the only silver bengal competing....so all of that winning was by default. She did get a best of breed in one ring and several top 3 of breed. One final as 8th best all breed kitten. Not bad for a 7 month old that has at least 2 "problem" areas in my opinion.

I'm off to check out your Charlie thread!

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Ohhhhhh that's a shame!! Yay for 2nd top cat though!!! I bet Jack didn't care either way

Edit: I can't find results for the others, how did Miss Spotty Paws and Itsy go?
Sarah,

I posted Itsy and Spotty results, in response to GK's question in this thread.

and....yep I'm happy with his 2nd placement. Silver's have a tough time winning in a field of that many bengals (15 in this case) not to mention being up against all the other breeds, so for him to have done that well in a final is quite an accomplishment. If Jack does supreme, he will be the first ever in the south-east region and one of just a handful internationally that have ever supremed. It would be something that Teri and I could be proud of for a very long time.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by reddicequeen

Kai will you be at the Maumee Ohio Tica show in February? I will be there ...but not showing.
That show is just a bit too far for us to drive. We've been to the Toledo show before and it was just too much driving to get there and back.
We mostly do the east coast shows.
Our next TICA shows are Raleigh, NC., Birmingham, AL. and Jamestown, NC.

We may sneak some Jersey and Maryland shows in as well.

I hope we can meet you at some show sometime in the furture!