Freaking out vs "this is normal"

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
It is good to see her out and doing things she used to do. She still has her hidey holes, hopefully that will get better over time though.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
It is good to see her out and doing things she used to do. She still has her hidey holes, hopefully that will get better over time though.
All the medication was a big change. You are obviously doing what is necessary in the most humane way and she is responding and adapting to the change. Cats hate change.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Sara goes to be groomed today. She may end up needing a lion's cut depending on now bad it is. Not that I've never seen her half-bald before, but it would be weird. I hope she feels much better afterwards though. I can't imagine all the mats feel very good, especially on her tummy.

This girl will eat anything now. She would never eat Weruva before. I decided to feed the last can of Paw Lickin' Chicken that I had to the cats this morning. She ate more of it than the others did (it is pretty hit or miss with the cats). She licked at it the last time I gave it to her and then walked away from it, but this time she actually ate all of what I gave her.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bet she will feel better much after her grooming :)

So glad she's eating!

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Of course I was told sometimes bad things happen with sick and old cats. Sigh.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Sara is home, and got the morning torture treatment then. Poor girl. But boy is she funny looking now!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
awww how adorable!! We will be getting two of the three girls shaved for the summer in another month or so. The tangles are such a pain aren't they? one of them bite me if I brush her belly/pits. I found a human soft bristle brush to keep on top of it...until the ol shave!

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
She apparently gave the groomers quite a bit of trouble! Trying to bite them constantly and what-not. I got a discount because it wasn't perfect. I didn't care about perfect, I just wanted the mats and what-not gone.

I still don't quite recognize the creature that walks by occasionally as Sara immediately. Then it's like, 'Oooooh yeah, we had her hair shaved off". I still can't believe how skinny she is - she has such a tiny little neck!

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Thankfully, she seems to be back to her normal self. I tried to touch her legs earlier since they were still a bit mussed up and she nearly bit my hand off - yep, that's normal Sara alright. She looked like she wanted to go for the dry food on the cat tree, but couldn't figure out how to for all the crap from the closet (my brother came over today to help with the heavy stuff). I tried putting her up there and she didn't want it then. Fine, she came back down then.

I fed her a half can of Tiki food earlier, most of which she ate. She had looked like she might eat my phone before that, so figured she was hungry. She sure was.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! She's also quite feisty. Galloping through the house the moment she realizes I'm going to feed her again. It's a sight for sore eyes. Of course all the others all glare at me...

Status
Not open for further replies.