"Frankenstorm"

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My next door neighbor here is AZ was born and raised at the  NJ shore, apparently in the town right next  to where the worst damage was.  She said her mother had to evacuate in a rush and left her pets there (don't ask me why) thinking she'd be able to return in a day or two, and now they are telling her she cannot return for at least a month!  I'm not sure I understood it all, but apparently some areas that used to be accessible by land and/or bridges are now only accessible by boat, and some area's are so susceptible to explosions from gas leaks that's why no one can go in. 

I sure hope my neighbor's mom's pets (2 elderly cats and a dog) are  ok. 
.  I find the entire thing kind of weird...what if some people chose not to leave?  Wouldn't you think someone would be allowed out there to check?  (Apparently it's an island or peninsula or something, maybe like the Outer Banks in NC?)

But on a brighter note, I'm glad you who have been without power are finally getting it back

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gas is not much of the issue with our area-we have it but not much got damaged from all the reports.  I can see the damaged line on the corner-they started to  repair it and once the 15 houses went back on they never continued.  They say they know...

Just been going to places with wifi to eat/stay a few hours.  I am going to moms to do wash as I have TONS. I was ok but it adds up fast especially cause of allergies I wash bedding often and can't.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
just as I feared, one guy in another forum said there WERE lots of stray cats in his neighborhood, but after the flood waters receded, he saw many on the ground, deceased. it makes me sad. poor kitties.