Found Kittens In Our Shed Help!

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure how nutritious the Whiska's cats milk is. Since it's low-lactose cow's milk, it may be intended more as an adult cat treat. Might make the dirty bums worse.

The goat's milk and canned kitten food are great. If they are 4-5 weeks then they should be ok with a bit of the solid kitten food soon. Can you mix a little egg yolk into the goat's milk for added nutrition?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can set up a litter box for them with non-clumping litter. Disposable aluminum cake pans from the dollar store work well while they are little. Put them in before and after meals, and take a little paw and show them how to dig.

Their poops will improve once they are on Albon.

You'll need to continue cleaning them for now, possibly until they begin eating soft foods.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cookiebun

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank for the help. The runt kitten discovered the milk bowl and had a big drink. The others haven't tried it yet. we have them in a little cage. They all want to come out. Some one ate the cat food out side but we can't be sure it was mom.
we've cleaned the kittens and they have a little litter pan in their cage.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Leave a dish of kitten wet food for them tonight. Hopefully they will learn to eat it soon.

They should have dry kitten chow available 24/7 as well.

Is the crate big enough for them? If not, they can spend the night in the bathroom.

Hopefully mom ate the food and you will see her tomorrow.

Thanks for rescuing these kittens. They would not survive long outside on their own!

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, bless you and your husband for taking them inside. :rock:

Be prepared for little eating machines. :cutecat: The tiny feral I brought in has been eating 3.5 to 5 ounces of wet food every day, usually a little over 4 oz. (I don't feed kibble though.) Don't know where he puts it!

cookiebun

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Another pic of 2 of the cuties. They still haven' figured out how to eat out of the bowl.
edit:
Well it seems I'm blocked from posting this so never mind.
Oh well, it was cute.

Last edited:

cookiebun

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok, for some reason I can't get the pic to upload.
Yes, bless you and your husband for taking them inside. :rock:

Be prepared for little eating machines. :cutecat: The tiny feral I brought in has been eating 3.5 to 5 ounces of wet food every day, usually a little over 4 oz. (I don't feed kibble though.) Don't know where he puts it!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I flagged it for the moderators.

Have you seen the mom cat again yet?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You might want to try stimulating them to make sure they go. Use a warm, damp cloth.

cookiebun

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kittens update.
Kitties just got back from the vet. She thinks they are 4 to 6 weeks old. 3 are female. The runt may be male but it was hard to tell because his bottom is all red. They were dewormed. They also had their felv test.
The kittens have finally figured out how to eat solid food if it's canned cat food. The vet said they really don't need to have any more milk. They have to go back in 2 weeks.
We had hoped to get them fixed young but our vet said the survival rate for the pediatric spay/neuter isn't as good as waiting until they are 6 months. Opinions please?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The kitten with the red bottom needs coconut oil applied. That must be painful!

They do need KMR until 12 weeks. At least use up what you bought.

Kittens are fixed at 8 weeks or 2 pounds. I always spay and neuter mine at 3 months. Never wait 6 months as males begin to show sexual aggression already, and females can get pregnant as early as 5 months.

Find a vet who will spay and neuter prior to 6 months.

Have you seen anymore diarrhea?

Vaccines begin at 8 weeks.

Any word on their mom?