Found Kittens In Our Shed Help!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are the kittens outside where mom can actually come up to the cage?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cookiebun

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mom is eating her food now and the kittens are romping in the cage.

cookiebun

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We ordered this for the kittens today:
I also bought some proper KMR for them.
Edit:
Well it seems this place doesn't let you post links as well as pictures w/o special permission.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On spay/neuter age, my vet also recommends 4-6 months. The city shelter says 3 months or 3 pounds. The county shelter is 2 months or 2 pounds. I think private vets are more cautious, and also most cats going to private vets have forever homes already, so not as much rush to get'em "in and out".

For KMR, offer it to them if they'll drink it (or to momma cat). The little feral I trapped at 5.5 weeks old refused to eat the Hoskins kitten formula I made up within one day of getting "real food". As if he was saying, "None of that kid stuff for me. I'm a big kid now eating at the adult table!" :p He wasn't even 6 weeks.

cookiebun

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is it ok to let the runt kitten stuff himself? He's frantic when he eats. We gave him a separate feeding session today, he was carrying on so. He moves the food around on the plate more than he actually gets it into his belly. Will he choke or barf?

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He probably won't choke, but he might throw up if he eats too fast. Still, I'd let him have all the food he wants to eat. Once he figures out that food will always be served without him having to fight for it (the way he had to fight for one of momma's nipples) he'll probably slow down a bit.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
He'll slow down once he knows good is always available.

At the same time while he is eating, just talk to him calmly and say eat slowly.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It is almost impossible to overfeed a kitten, so let him have at it. Hopefully he will begin getting more into his mouth soon, but an extra feeding or two just for him sounds good. :)