found kitten in bin!!!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by XxtashaxX

i would not have used anything on the kittens or chloe unless i had gotten it from the vet anyway , but i wasnt sure if there was another effective way of removing the flees untill i had got to the vets , thanx for your reply.
chloe is doing great , she is getting on with 4 out of 8 cats so far. please dont have a go at me for this...... but she is now in my bedroom with anne and her kittens. she sleeps with me on the bed cuddled up to my neck or in my hair , and she sometimes sleeps in annes nest which she allows. i know she shouldnt be in there but she cried all night being stuck in the bathroom , now she sleeps all night with me. but yea , everything is going great .
That isnt bad. That is good. Anne excepts her. I just didnt want Anne upset and kill er kits because she felt they where in danger. If she excepts her that is cute and actually really good.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
anne has hissed maybe once or twice , but she also cleans chloe and allows her to sleep in the nest.
if anne had looked stressed or anything i would have have taking chloe back out again without fail , the only thing i am watching is her with the kittens they will only be a week old tomorrow and chloe likes to play with everything!! lol . so yea just making sure she dosnt try with the kittens yet.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

For those thinking someone wouldn't do this, I just heard a story on the news that reminded me of little Chloe. A garbage man found 2 adult cats in a dumpster. One is a ginger and white, and the other is a long-haired tortie. One of them is pregnant. They were IN A CARRIER!!!!! There was no way they could escape that! Thank goodness for the kind-hearted and attentive garbage man. The pair are now safe at the Cat Care Society, a wonderful no-kill shelter.
I don't think anyone actual believes that someone wouldn't do it... I think it's more of the ... it's unthinkable, and people don't understand how someone *could* do it, or .. maybe how someone can a.) bring themselves to do it, or b.) actually live with themselves once they do something like this. I don't think anyone questions the fact that there are obviously people that do this type of thing, like drowning a sack of kittens or puppies.. or leaving babies on the side of the road or near a building or in the wild.. just that it's absolutely unbelievable to those of us who don't have the inherent coldness and blatant disregard for animal life that it would take. Anyway.. that's me. It's unbelievable because I couldn't be that cold-hearted, not because I think people as a whole aren't cold-hearted enough.

My point on it was simply that .. it might be an accident, but I think it's a slimmer possibility that it's an accident than it is that it was deliberate.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol so far she hasnt done that , well not what i have seen anyway. she more so keeps her self to her self while in the nest , anne takes no notice of her .when there out the nest anne will then clean her and eat with her and so on.

queenfe

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is so sad, how can people do such a thing.
Thank you for finding her, hugs to that lovely new member of your life.

She is so lovely, but must be honest, my Milli has the same markings maybe thats why.. .lol.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

I am so glad you did NOT use the holistic remedy. Eucalyptus oil is toxic to kitties. That is the problem with the internet, there is a lot of information on it to be sure, but not every website is legit, and fact checkers are rare. Any time you find information about how to care for any animal on the web, please do your homework first before following it. Find a qualified vet and ask them if the information is harmful or helpful, check out the ingredients with the local poison control center, they also have a list of toxins to pets. Use a cautious eye and avoid heartbreak and disaster. I speak from personal experience, after losing a cat several years ago because the groomer used the wrong shampoo on him. Bartee went from a 16 pound beauty to a 7 pound mess in four days. It was a horrid quick death and we didn't figure out what happened until after he died.
The holistic site was written by a qualified vetrinarian.. and is supported by a number of other, unrelated holistic vetrinary sites.

The essential oils that are added to the spray or shampoo are surely enough to scent the coat, but I'm certain that it is not undiluted eucalyptus. It is also washed out when the cat is rinsed off. I'm sure that it is no more toxic than treating your pets with flea poison.. such as Frontline, Advantage, and other high quality flea treatments..which are widely recommended by vetrinarians. If your cat ate those ingredients in a high quantity, I'm sure that they'd be deadly. There's a reason why the package says "apply to nape of neck" where the animal cannot lick it off. I'm particularly certain that it's no more toxic than Hartz flea products or any over the counter inexpensive flea brand. For that matter, it's probably less toxic than bleach, which they often use in the pet hospitals/kennels/or anywhere that there are a high number of animals crossing through that they are attempting to keep sanitized. Oh, and I forgot that most people use it in their house... pine-sol, and almost all commercial cleaning products are toxic. Litter dust is harmful. Pesticides are harmful (those can be found in pet foods too, since the produce they use to make it isn't washed off first). There are chemicals in tap water.

Of course, the drug they use to euthanize animals is found in a number of commercial pet foods... because they go to the rendering plants, and then the rendering plants sell them to commercial pet food companies for use in their foods. (This does not apply to all commercial pet foods.. but keep an eye out for "Meat meal" or "meat by-products".)

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok put a new pic of chloe and the kittens in the fur pictures section. i found my camara leads yeaaa lol

nellers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by XxtashaxX

lol so far she hasnt done that , well not what i have seen anyway. she more so keeps her self to her self while in the nest , anne takes no notice of her .when there out the nest anne will then clean her and eat with her and so on.
That is so cute she sleeps with Anne and the kittens and Anne bathes her!
Chloe's story warms my heart, you are so sweet for taking her in and giving her a wonderful home!

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It was nice of you to keep her!
Did you rescue all of your cats?

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Keisha

It was nice of you to keep her!
Did you rescue all of your cats?
this will be long,
but i will only tell you about the ones we have now.
bergkhamp came to us about 6 years ago , he was about 4 months old and was a stray. he had been at some point hit by a car and had a broken pelvis , he was full of flees and worms , he also had ear mites. he had x rays but his pelvis had already set itsself , so he didnt need anything for it , just a dose of antibiotics. we kept him after putting posters up of him no one returned out calls. at the time we did have another cat called taz , at the time we didnt have him chiped and he went missing very sad ,

then bergkhamp got very lonely so we was looking for a kitten to adopt , when my partners brothers mate died from a drug overdose. he had to old cats , father and son , one was 7 the other was 11 , so we took them in and everything was great. there names were/are hansel and grey stoke (gracy for short) hansel when he was 9 last year janaury died of kidney cancer.

thats when lilly came to us , one of the mums around the school was going to give her to a rescue as she had brought another dog which didnt like cats. she had told us she was spayed ect.. she had what was called a slient heat so i had no idea , about 4 weeks later i found out she was pregnant. i have never owned a female cat before her so i had no idea. she lost 3 of her babys and had a c section , the last baby stitch died at 4 days old . they didnt spay her at the same time as the c section , so they told me to wait 8 weeks before i could.
she pinned a lot so we asked around rescues to see if they had any ophorn kittens but they didnt. we then found someone on the net who had to find homes for her kittens at only 4 weeks old due to them going on hoilday.
so we picked up 2 , nither had even touched kitten food and was still nursing from mum and still couldnt go to the toliet on there own. there now 10 months old and called patch and fluffy.
lilly got out 2 weeks after taking in the 2 kittens and went missing for 6 weeks . she came back pregnant and the vets said she was 2 far alog to spay her. she had 3 healthy kittens called tigerlilly , forest and midnight, midnight was homed to me sister and the other 2 are here with me.

so that makes 7 if you have lost count that we had then.
then came theo who we are still despretly looking for a home for him . somebody didnt want him no more and was thinking about putting him in a black bag to dispose of.
i took him in his about 19 months old , i cleaned him up had him neutered but he hates other cats.

then came Tom he has been a stray around here for about a year , when it snowed this year i brought him in , had him neutered fleed ect.. and now he goes out durning the day , and is always home at night. he just lays out in the garden most of the day.

then we took on anne , she had 3 litters before the one she just had , the lady didnt want to put up with kittens again so we took her on , her kittens are a week old now , she had 2. might be keeping them but not sure yet there names are candy and strips.
then last week i was round the bins and thats where chloe came in to our lives . so in ways i kinda rescued most of them , but in my own way.
told ya it would be long lol

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i know sorry , i think i could have cut a long story short , but hey it explains it all lol

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just found this thread.
I came by my kitten in a similar way. In Sept. my son brought home a tiny kitten he saw tipped out of a plastic bag into the canal. The car involved drove off.
I had some KRP in the pantry & gave her a bottle. I made her a bed with blanket, hot water bottle & stuffed bunny. Next day I was taking my dog to the vets for an arthritis needle, so took kitty with my. They said they were too full & bring her back when 8 weeks old. Vet said she was a pretty little thing & healthy & about 3-4 weeks old. She liked to bite on my fingers & she had no teeth, just little nubs.
On the way home, while stopped at the lights I was thinking of a name. She has a bright face & born in the spring so I thought of Blossom.
As she grew I made up a basdet for her & she would go & get in it when she was tired. Now she likes to sleep on our bed.
I had to teach her to go to the toilet, eat solid food - she swam in it & made such a mess, I never thought she'd get the hang of it. I taught her to dig in the litter tray & when I bought her a scratching tree - how to use that, it only took 1 try.

She's been a very wild kitten, but I love
her dearly. She has such a cheeky face I don't know how anyone could throw her out like a sack of garbage.

sparklepanties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a lovely ending to what could've been a very sad story. Thank goodness your son was in the right place at the right time!!! There are some real cruel and senseless people in the world. You sound like you have done a fantastic job being 'mummy' and bringing her up. Do you have any pictures of her?? We love piccies here, the more the merrier!!!

angier106

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just read your post. I am so glad that you found this precious angel and that it is going well!
Wish you the best!
Angie