Fostering very stressed, very pregnant cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mfair

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What adorable babies. What part of NH you in? I commend you for taking this baby and fostering. I have wanted to do this too but I am not home enough to give time to the kittens if they were not eating.

I'm near Portsmouth.I love the coloring of those babies. They are adorable.

We live in Sunapee (a little south of Dartmouth). LOVE Portsmouth! We are originally from Wolfeboro and spent a lot of time in the Portsmouth area. The babies are so beautiful, we keep changing which one we want to keep......I think it will come down to personality as they get older.

How is momma doing?

Panda seemns to be doing well - eating a ton of food (which is to be expected). She is super attentive to them and does not like us taking them or touching them too much right now, (lots of hisses) but purrs happily when we sit nearby and talk to her and them.

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think Billy may be, indeed, Billie.  I'm not entirely sure, as you said, the picture isn't real clear, but...That coloring is just so dilute calico!  And that fanny does look a bit girlish...could go either way...Drat.  Now I've confused myself...but the coloring...dilute calico.

mfair

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think you are right. I was looking at them tonight with a friend who is a nurse and we think there are 4 girls and 3 boys.

The two calico girls, and the 2 brown ones (Gronk & Mookie) - their coats are such a beautiful mink colored and so rich looking.

Almost 100% sure that GOAT, Sea-bass & Jimmy G are boys. And GOAT's ears are starting to get darker....

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yep.  I think you've got it.  Why are kitten butts just so darned cute?  Or is it that Crazy Cat Person thing kicking in again?  Looking at the pictures, I could just hear the squeals and squalls of outraged kittenhood!

mfair

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for all, your input - it's nice to know I can tell the boys from girls (I just can't tell MY boys that Gronk is actually a girl)

Even with all my supplementing - which was very hard as most of the babies wanted nothing to do with it and Panda would freak out whenever I did it - I was getting nervous since they were not gaining much weight.  Well this morning I am very relieved....I think Panda's milk FINALLY came in and every single one of them gained between 10 - 15g since yesterday afternoon.  It was also the first time I went in and they were all just sleeping peacefully in a big kitten pile and not latched on to mom.  At 4 days old the smallest one(GOAT)  is now 112g. It was also the first morning they were all where they had been the night before.

How much should I be feeding Panda?  There is always dry kitten food out (which she does not seem to eat a ton of - I probably refill it once every day and a half) and I bring her a can of Fancy Feast wet food 3x a day.  When I bring it in she mows it down immediately - barely breathing inbetween bites.  Should I be giving her more?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, she probably needs double the wet food you are giving her since she is nursing so many! She needs it. Glad to hear they all gained so well! [emoji]128522[/emoji]