Foster kittens

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi I’m looking to foster one or two newborn kittens in Columbus Ohio only any one have kittens pls let me know

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi I’m looking to foster one or two newborn kittens in Columbus Ohio only any one have kittens pls let me know
Contact shelters nearby - and or vets nearby your place.... Be ready to tell them about your experience and or preparations.
If you arent very experienced,ASK for healthy kittens, whom got orphans or are from a big batch..

Foster homes are often in great demand. A common cause for healthy kittens pts is - there are no foster homes in line...

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I was fostering puppies last summer while having a litter of puppies it‘s definitely harder but there is so many that need someone I only foster the bottled kittens

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I suggest you wait until your cat has her kittens and see how many she has. Depending on the size of the litter you may need to supplement some of her kittens. You may have your hands full with her litter. Don’t overload yourself or mama kitty. I know you’re wanting to help, but maybe wait and see.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Did the foster puppies come from a shelter? If you already have contact with a shelter I suggest you ask them if they need anyone to foster kittens. Make sure you let them know that you have a cat that's about to give birth though, just in case the foster kittens have anything contagious that could be passed on to your cat and her litter.

There must be hundreds of shelters in your city that need help. Have you tried reaching out to any of them?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The puppies were from my uncles friend bc her dog was to young when she got pregnant and didn't know what to do