Foster Kitten Chatter

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lyla is up for adoption at the shelter. She is not sick anymore and is pretty calm, though I'm sure she wants a forever home. I just keep hoping each time I go she won't be there anymore and her name will be on the adopted list. 

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
What a great thread! I have fostered about 50 cats/kittens this year! The most recent ones are found in this thread (http://www.thecatsite.com/t/326136/rescue-momma-and-kittens-advice-needed-please) In summary I took in a Momma (Andy) and her 8, 4 day old babies and helped her raise them for 9 weeks. (with some additional kittens along the way) then all of her kittens but one were adopted and I was approached with 4, three week old abandonded kittens were given to me and I introduced them to Andy and she accepted them! She groomed them and allowed them to nurse- she wasn't producing milk at this time- but her milk has come in and she is raising these sweet babies as if they were her own! Cats are so amazing!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm glad Lila is well, and I really hope she gets a furr-ever home soon. Bless her heart.

You both do a terrific job saving cats/kittens! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

What a great thread! I have fostered about 50 cats/kittens this year! The most recent ones are found in this thread (http://www.thecatsite.com/t/326136/rescue-momma-and-kittens-advice-needed-please) In summary I took in a Momma (Andy) and her 8, 4 day old babies and helped her raise them for 9 weeks. (with some additional kittens along the way) then all of her kittens but one were adopted and I was approached with 4, three week old abandonded kittens were given to me and I introduced them to Andy and she accepted them! She groomed them and allowed them to nurse- she wasn't producing milk at this time- but her milk has come in and she is raising these sweet babies as if they were her own! Cats are so amazing!
That's so amazing! 50! Wow, that's a lot! I was busy with just 5 of them.  : )

I'm so glad the momma cat decided to except the babies. I think that mom cats are some of the sweetest animals out there. I know that the only time our barn cat, Tabby, was able to be handled (besides when she was a kitten) was when she was pregnant or nursing. Then she gave birth in front of us (she actually waited until we were present to get into her den and relax), nursed in my lap, and was so sweet. As soon as she was done she stopped letting me handle her again. I guess they can just be moody, huh.  

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My foster failure, Nocturne, is doing great. She loves to run around and play as well as snuggle and gets along with most of the other animals... that is, besides Nym. Nym is scared of her.  : )

Nym growls and puffs up but never goes after her, he is such a big chicken for being three times her size. He is a big, solid boy but he thinks she's a little monster of some sort. Hopefully one day he'll realize she is actually a cat.  : )

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They are both good looking cats! Hopefully, over time, Nym will accept Nocturne! [emoji]128522[/emoji]