Foster boys....... finally pictures too....

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will try to make this short
. These two boys lived next door to my daughter's ex-boyfriend. He called me over a month ago and begged me to come take these cats as Animal Control was going to have to PTS because they were too traumatized. The wife came banging on the ex-boyfriends door and dumped the cats off on him. She was crying and was beat up. She said the man was continuously dunking them in the toilet and would try to put them in the freezer. She called the police because he was abusing her too. When I got there, I wanted to go over and
the guy, I was filled with rage and also dispair at humanity and it's cruelty. Jason grabbed my arm to stop me and said that guy will kill you if you threaten him and the police were coming anyway. he is now in jail and has a restraining order against him from the lady. Anyway, I HAD no choice but to take those cats that day. I had the help from the shelter director immediately, we have a very close relationship. She tested them for all diseases, and they were negative. Got all shots, wormings, and I got them fixed at my TNR vet. I paid the extra $10.00 not to get their ears tipped. he does that
. They are the most docile, calm, obedient cats I have ever known. Just very, very hungry and a real pain about wanting food
. It took about a week or more for them to realize I wouldn't hurt them. Now, after about six weeks, they are well-adjusted cats and happily living amongst my other cats, all peacefully. I will only adopt them out together, as they have been through terrible abuse and they need to stay together. I will keep them anyway if I can't find a home. They are so easy and no trouble at all and get along great with everyone else. I named them Wendall and Walden. Walden is very loving and a lap cat, so I like that. Wendall just wants your food and will grab large pieces of pizza and run off with it if you don't watch him. He even grabbed Larry's subway sandwich the other day!!! Just very hungry boys...

Here is Wendall

More food PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!! It is kitty heaven

We love eachother!!

AND WALDEN NOW

I am SO tired!!! I can't believe all the toys this lady has !!!!!!

Pipsqueak really likes Wendall

Six cats watching the birds in the bird bath

We have a room with a view!!! We love it here

They really are the sweetest boys. I just can't believe it. They are a joy to have around.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good thing Jason stopped you - you don't exactly need assault charges right now with all those babies to care for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lauren - YOU'VE BEEN HOLDING OUT ON US!
Of COURSE you had to take them - and look how you and the family have been rewarded! Seems Walden is a great "diet helper," and you always need one of those in the house!

Seriously, Lauren - they are adorable, and what a bittersweet story.
I'm so glad they found their way to you.
And look what a wonderful job you've done with them!

And I'm pretty sure they're foster boys... like we were goint to adopt out Tuxedo. And Flowerbelle was just a foster. As was Billy. And Chumley.....

Lauren's got the Super SIX!

sflacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm happy to see them with you.Obviously well loved and comfortable.

Now spoil them rotten!

Jeff

calvin&i

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lauren, this is soooo great. You're such an angel!
Did you have an earlier post about the boys? In case you did, I must have missed it. They are gorgeous boys - super cute.
I do have a soft corner for tabbies (you know why)

They are in the best possible hands. I really like your decision to adopt them out together. And as Laurie said, they just maybe your tux and Billy and chumley and flowerbelle.

They are just so so cute

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Laurie - YES, Walden has a very, very, very soft coat. I have never felt anything like it. You are sharp, noticing that. They each have gained over four pounds in six weeks!!!! They were very ill back then.
the Super Six!!! I like that. They are NOT going anywhere unless the perfect home happens along. Even my sister loves them and was thinking of taking them. But she has Magilla and Tully. But she has had up to five cats before. I guess I don't want to let them go right now, maybe never.......

Calvin - No you did not miss a thread about them.
I have been holding out on telling about them for fear of all of you thinking I was nuts. I have SO much grief in my life lately, that adding two more cats, you might think I have lost it. But, I did not have a choice. And am not sorry, they are absolutely wonderful boys. THen, I realized that, after all, this is THE CAT SITE and we are all a bit nuts anyway.....

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Feralvr

Calvin - No you did not miss a thread about them.
I have been holding out on telling about them for fear of all of you thinking I was nuts. I have SO much grief in my life lately, that adding two more cats, you might think I have lost it. But, I did not have a choice. And am not sorry, they are absolutely wonderful boys. THen, I realized that, after all, this is THE CAT SITE and we are all a bit nuts anyway.....
Lauren, you have no idea how much it makes my heart ache that you didn't turn to us for support - especially when you SO could have used it!

You are an angel, and these babies are so very lucky!

calvin&i

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree with Laurie, you could have shared with us since we would have been (as we are now) thrilled. But I do like to keep things close to my heart sometimes, even though I know I will get support and so I understand. I am glad that things have settled down to some extent at your end.

Also it just shows great character that even with all the demands that you had on your time and emotions, you were able to open your heart and home to these boys.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Calvin&I

I agree with Laurie, you could have shared with us since we would have been (as we are now) thrilled. But I do like to keep things close to my heart sometimes, even though I know I will get support and so I understand. I am glad that things have settled down to some extent at your end.

Also it just shows great character that even with all the demands that you had on your time and emotions, you were able to open your heart and home to these boys.
I'm an open book LOL, but I do understand!

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are truly gorgeous boys. They remind me of Sheba, my bridge cat. I am so happy they made their way to you--just wish it hadn't been because of abuse.

C

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww what a wonderful story they look so content, great job you've done

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
WOW! What gorgeous boys! I'm so glad they have you to care for them now. When are you making the adoption official?

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are beautiful, you've done a wonderful job with them

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Lauren, you have no idea how much it makes my heart ache that you didn't turn to us for support - especially when you SO could have used it!

You are an angel, and these babies are so very lucky!
Better late than never
And actually in the beginning I wasn't sure I was going to have them very long. They were going to go into the shelter/kitten room. But there was no room opening up for them, GEE I wonder why????? And as the time has gone on, I have fallen in love with them
. So it will have to be a really special home now.....

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Calvin&I

Yes, things are settling down and that is why I decided it was time to share these boys!!!! And I promise, I won't keep secrets from you all ever again

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by stephanietx

WOW! What gorgeous boys! I'm so glad they have you to care for them now. When are you making the adoption official?
I am thinking it is official!
They both are so incredibly easy-going I can't get over it. Walden won't even move for the vacuum cleaner. Wendall is into everything though, he even likes to chew on our toothbrushes
in the morning to brush his teeth. He sits right along side the dogs for treats
, has knocked a ceramic cookie jar off the counters to try to get at treats, will go inside of a chip bag and run off with a potato chip. One day last week I was making Larry's lunch and just finished the sandwich and turned around for a second to get a baggie and off Wendall ran with half of the sandwich trailing behind him.
. Wendall has even tried to eat my vitamins when I place them on the counter
I have had to learn very fast not to leave anything loose food related on the counter's. OR I guess I could try to teach them not to jump on the counters
. I honestly don't think they had a "real" cat meal until my place. They will do almost anything for food. I have to watch him because he is a smaller sized cat and is already getting a big round belly. But it is hard to deny him food, he is just tooooooo cute!!!!! Walden is a real cool
dude. He walks slowly, he is so laid back, and not much seems to ruffle his "feathers", just an all around sweet guy.

THE SUPER SIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Has a nice ring

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lauren... KEEP 'EM!!!!!!!
I just love that photo of Pipsqueak & Wendall.
These photos are just a joy to see, ESPECIALLY that one of all six at the window!!!! You really should keep them.
Their story was heartbreaking to read, dunking them in the
toilet and putting them in the freezer?!?!??!!!
They have been through too much and you are their rescuer... and Pip would be mad if you took them away... he told me so!

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are both gorgeous!!
I absolutely LOVE Wendall though!
All of your photos are wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree...they are totally part of the family now and they're definately settled

You are these boys guardian angel, wow my skin crawls when i read what they went through....they sure have the good life now!