For those of us that are waiting....

ms_joshica

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I see no one has been posting here lately. Have we finally exhausted all of our pregnant kitties, and new moms. How are all the new mama kitties, and the new babies doing?

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
still waiting here,lol. Icis is eatting like a glutten today, and sleeping. if she is not eating, she is sleeping,lol. she expressed a tiny bit of milk last night, so i am HOPING its soon!

pondwader

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Still waiting here too.... Church is due today, and has been nesting a bit the last couple of days. Her milk is in, and I think she has been having mild contractions today, just a little occasional tightening so probably very early labor. Her vulva is swollen, but I haven't seen any discharge yet.
I *think* she is going to have 5 kittens.

ms_joshica

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is church the grey one on your picture because when I do post a picture of my maxsheba you are going to freak out! She looks just like her. I am definetly waiting but she is having such a boring pregnancy, lol all she does is eat, sleep, and have an attitude with me lol

pondwader

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes Church is the grey one.... she has been fairly boring, but I do think she is in early labor now so I'm just hoping it all goes well. She is very healthy so I'm expecting it should.

pondwader

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here is a pic of her today. She pulled a bunch of papers into a pile in my sons room LOL His room is such a mess...LOL
Just a few minutes ago though she finally went into the box I have ready for her in my room so I'm hoping she settles now.

junior67

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
what does it feel like when milk comes in? (silly question I know. LOL)

pondwader

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The base of the nipple swells quite a bit and if you give one a very gentle squeeze milk comes out. You really don't need to though, it will be fairly obvious when they begin to really fill up.

kcm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey, everyone I just peaked into this thread to know what was going on, Im awaiting kittens in about 12 days
my girl should give birth. She's been sniffing around for a good place, but she's fast a sleep in her bbox in my room, so it's okay, i just can't wait until the day the bundles of joy arrives.. until then i'll keep you all posted.

Stephy

ms_joshica

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can NOT NOT NOT believe it. I had to show my husband and my son. Your cat is THE EXACT REPLICA OF MY BABY! And the pic is so darn cute. You have to let me know all about her litter and post pics. I mean. I am getting her pictures developed in the next few weeks and you will see. I am floored
Whoo. I wish you had a pic of her at five or six weeks because we had been trying to find out if she was pregnant for sure. We are now 100% sure because you can tell now. If you have any earlier pics of her pregnant please post. She is beautiful. Is she a really, really, loving cat. My MaxSheba is NOT, lol I was wondering was it just my baby. lol
Also want kidn of cat is she?

pondwader

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Church is just a DSH.... no specific breed.

She is normally NOT the nicest cat..... we think naming her after the cat from Steven King's Pet Semetary (sic) may have given her a complex.

During her pregnancy she has been rather affectionate though.

She showed quite early, as soon as three weeks I knew for sure that she was.

ms_joshica

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is exactly like my darling. Well she must really be her twin
Normally she thinks her butt don't stank and she looks at you like YOU are mad! lol She is very, very, snotty. Now she went through the affectionate stage and now she is going through a stage that I liken to PMS because she is sooo moody. She is going through the don't pick me up thing, don't touch me, I want what I want from you but I don't want you
that sort of thing. So we deal with her, but I tell her all the time, I can't wait until you have your kittens! I am going to intervene and make them nice so they don't act like YOU! lol but that is my baby, my stuck up, snotty, baby

And I know exactly what you mean by being able to tell right away because MaxSheba always had such an athletic build, and when are late male cat Tiger was around she was always the small one. Now she's getting fat quickly. She is approximately 5-6 weeks and she looks like she will be around your baby's size when its all said and done

pixiekat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Everyone,

I just joined the forum tonight and found this thread and it's just what I've been looking for! My cat Ginger, an orange tabby, is pregnant and I believe she's due very soon. I'm extremely anxious and nervous as it's her first time. I've only been through this once before myself. I just wanted to introduce myself and tell you how much I've enjoyed reading this thread and seeing all the adorable pictures of the babies.

pixiekat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you Godiva
We're still patiently waiting... I wake up every day hoping this is the day, she's such a petite little kitty and her stomach is so huge

ms_joshica

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to thecatsite. Well you seem to be in many of our shoes, waiting on your baby to have her babies. My baby's name is MaxSheba, she is due in approximately 3 weeks but hey this is her show and I'm just the one who pays for it all, lol
I can't wait to see your baby and share in the joy with you when the little ones arrive.

souldoubt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Long time reader, first time poster. I thought I'd like to share my joy with all you cat lovers! My Pebbles is expecting in about 2 weeks. I also have the daddy here. His name is Scoop. Here are the two proud parents:

They get along very well and they're always together. I'm worried about keeping them seperated after the birth. Any advice to make it easier?
I'll keep you posted on her progress! I'm dying to know what colors the kittens will be! Anyone have any guesses??

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Souldoubt

Long time reader, first time poster. I thought I'd like to share my joy with all you cat lovers! My Pebbles is expecting in about 2 weeks. I also have the daddy here. His name is Scoop. Here are the two proud parents:

They get along very well and they're always together. I'm worried about keeping them seperated after the birth. Any advice to make it easier?
I'll keep you posted on her progress! I'm dying to know what colors the kittens will be! Anyone have any guesses??
Welcome Souldoubt.....It's time to have daddy neutered...not only for his health (he has a greater chance of cancer if he is unneutered)...but because he will still carry active sperm for a month after his neutering and he could get your female pregnant again as early as a few days after the birth. So I would schedule his neuter date very soon and set up a room for the proud papa to stay in while 1. recovering and 2. so he is away from mom while he and her are both fertile. If you need a low cost clinic, there is a link in my signature that lists low cost clinics by state.

I would also set up your mom in a small room (I've always liked the bathroom for ease of cleanup..some prefer an extra bedroom) with her nesting box, kitten food and litter. She will need to remain in that room with her little ones until they have been weaned and she has been spayed. This will be especially important given that your male isn't neutered. Remember, cats are induced ovulators and getting pregnant isn't a choice..it's just what happens when 2 intact cats are put together. So you have to ensure that no more hanky panky can occur between these two...which means a trip to the vet for neutering/spaying.

Katie

souldoubt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the information Katie.! I found a low cost clinic not far from my house. He is getting fixed right away! I'm not putting Pebbles thru this again. I can see it in her eyes: "PLEASE! Get this things out of me!" She's due anytime between 7/29 and 8/6 and it's been in the upper 90's. Needless to say she's camped out in front of the AC.

I have her set up in a spare bedroom with a giant cardboard box and a kitty carrier. We'll keep her in there till daddy's all sterile. He's going to get extra special attention. He gets lonely without her.