For those affected by the numerous recent Natura recalls, what have you been feeding?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cemeteryroses

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
@LizzieB

Looks like it checks out. I'm not super familiar with Merrick or nutritional needs for kittens, but it looks good from a quick glance at the ingredients!

@Mewlittle

I also avoid carrageenan! Weruva and it's sister line BFF have absolutely no carageenan in it and it's pretty much all my cats get as far as wet food. Actually, ANY food under Weruva(BFF, Cats in the Kitchen) is carageenan free. By Nature is also carrageenan free! But some formulas do contain tomatoes. Evanger's also has an "exotics" line of rabbit, pheasant, or buffalo, which are all 100% meat in loaf form and no carageenan. I've fed my cats everything I've just recommended and highlyyy recommend all of it if your cat is willing to eat it! It sucks trying to find carrageenan free, sometimes I feel like my cats will get bored of the same 20 varieties and then I'm stuck!

For anyone who was wondering, I ended up getting Earthborn again. I've decided to get Fromm's Four-Star Grain Free Game Bird formula once I finish off the 14lb bag of Earthborn I opened today... Still has Yucca, and I'll have to do more research on Chicory... But it's about the same price as CA Natural Grain-Free and has salmon oil as opposed to canola oil. Fromm is family owned, has its own two plants in Wisconsin, tests every single batch before it goes out, and has NEVER had a recall in its 100+ years of business. Kinda bummed they don't have a straight up chicken grain-free formula, but looking at their formulas, it doesn't seem that following conventional protein offerings/combinations is their thing!(: Fromm DOES have tomato pomace though, so for people looking out for that, I'm sorry I couldn't find something to recommend.

Another food people might consider is By Nature. I looked at the GF formula, and no rosemary or yucca! Tomato pomace positive though :/

Edit: Spelling

Last edited:

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@LizzieB
@Mewlittle
I also avoid carrageenan! Weruva and it's sister line BFF have absolutely no carageenan in it and it's pretty much all my cats get as far as wet food. Actually, ANY food under Weruva(BFF, Cats in the Kitchen) is carageenan free. By Nature is also carrageenan free! But some formulas do contain tomatoes. Evanger's also has an "exotics" line of rabbit, pheasant, or buffalo, which are all 100% meat in loaf form and no carageenan. I've fed my cats everything I've just recommended and highlyyy recommend all of it if your cat is willing to eat it! It sucks trying to find carrageenan free, sometimes I feel like my cats will get bored of the same 20 varieties and then I'm stuck!
I seen were weruva and BFF don't have it in it

Im at 15 cats and 3 dogs at the moment I just ordered grandma Lucy freeze dried and nature variety dry for my pets I'm still feeding wet at the moment I hate hate feeding friskies pate wet I'm going to see if Kroger brand wet has carrageenan in it next time I go to Kroger right now my wet food budget is tight at the moment

Do you know the ingredients of Kroger wet pâté?