Fluid Retention with Metacam?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nozyspy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

You are doing the right thing for Sam.  I'm sorry it hurts so bad, been there, done that, but you don't want him to suffer and he is not recovering.  I still suspect it is FIP, which is always fatal, 99.99% of the time anyhow, and there is absolutely nothing you could have done to stop it.  We have a forum here called Crossing The Bridge where you can share your memories of Sam with others going through the same thing when you are ready.
Thank you for your kind words.

Sam passed away yesterday, we had the vets come to our home to put him to sleep and he died on my lap. They couldnt get a cannula into his vein because they had collapsed, so they had to inject directly into his vein as best they could, he seemed to go to sleep very quickly then the vet gave him a bit more to send him on his way, i just wish it had gone a little smoother at the start, but at least he didnt have the stress of being taken to the vets.

I comforted him the best i could, but i keep replaying it over and over again in my head, wondering if i could have done anything differently, if i had known more about what was going to happen, or if i could have done better, was he stressed, could i have done more, did he feel betrayed. :(

His brother Harry was next to him and sniffed him a few times afterwards and then walked away, i think he understood that he has passed away. Hes been a bit restless over the last day or two but hasnt been searching for Sam.

I feel empty and alone, even with my parents and Harry in the house. It hurts to see Harry alone too, they were a pair, i cant imagine one without the other. Sam was a very special part of my soul and i will forever miss him.

We still dont know what caused this intestinal thickening and inflammation. The vet said the fluid in his abdomen was clear and had protein in it, but it also sounds like there may have been some fluid collecting in his lungs (a lot dribbled out after his last breath). Everything just happened so fast over the last 2-3 weeks i thought i would have more time. :(

Farewell old friend.

Thank you to everyone who posted in this thread.