Flu?

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You definitely need to see the doctor. If anything, you may have a secondary infection that might need antibiotics. I know - been there myself.

One bout of flu left me with pneumonia and one lobe of my lungs collapsed. I now carry an inhaler when I have asthma symptoms.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kev

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good call, I went to the gp and have a severe chest infection. I called work and left my boss two messages before she got in this morning advising I was off to the doc and then called her direct to tell her I wont be in this week. Immediately, she told me that she felt insulted that I had left messages and that I should have spoken with her direct (last week I had no voice and I left a single message on Thursday advising I hoped to be back next week - my partner spoke with her direct). I apologized and advised that the doc has confirmed I have a chest infection and she continued on at me saying that I had not followed the procedure and I needed to speak direct with her.
I now feel totally upset that once again, I can’t do right for doing wrong. I have had no calls from the office, not one communication asking how I was and she could have called me. There has been no attempt at contacting me by phone, e-mail or mobile. Feel as though I am under so much pressure now that I cant take much more of her. She scares me, makes me feel intimidated.
Cant do right for doing wrong. I wanna quit.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry about the job, Kev! I'm sure there's a perfect one just around the corner and will fall right into your lap once you're better!

I'm still struggling with my cold too, so I know the feeling!
You have me worried about the chest infection though as I've been a coughing wheezing beast for days!

Hope you're better soon and just block out the thoughts of your boss! You need to concentrate on getting better!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had Bronchitis(got over that ) and then the Flu and Pnemonia at the same time!
So, I feel for you.It does leave you feeling as if you've just about died and have NO energy what so ever.I almost called 911 when I was sooooooo bad.But, the good news---if there is any---was about 3 days later,I was better and pretty much back to myself.
So, I'm sending get well SOON vibes your way.