Flower Power

merlynn's mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow! I just saw this post...guess I'm a little show. haha.

That was a very inspirational story Jenn. I can only hope I'd be strong enough to save my babies from the brink of death. That was awesome what you did for that cute little Flower. And you really should send him some pictures of your healthy LIVING girl. And send him a Thank You Note: Dear Doc, Thanks for NOTHIN'!

Yay FLOWER!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I should probably telll him off but it would do no good. A thank you card might be appropriate however. Nothing snotty, but just a real card with her picture enclosed...

saying "muck you very much.......... appreciate all the melp.."

==============================

One more thing on Flower. I have noticed on the raw diet, SHE DOES NOT SHED AT ALL.. OR SO LITTLE I DON'T SEE IT.

Now off to read about hearts........

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you know I read the perfect daily diet for a regular sized cat is one live mice a day. Bones, organs and all...

Some people might think that is a cruel thought but everything they eat used to be a live animal...

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have found one other item that flower likes....

old cheap 69 cent trash weenies.... good lord. Not even oscar meyer.

I was throwing bits out for a few to snack on while clearing the fridge out and she acted like it was raw meat. Dashing trying to get it before the other cats could sink into it.

Can't believe that she will eat that with such vigor and snub her little kittie nose at canned cat food......

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
flower update.......

she is doing GREAT!!

I don't worry about her anymore. She probably weighs 6 lbs. maybe 7. But she is doing excellent and she is well. That is all I can say about her. She is super shiny and I have cut back her raw a little. I only give her one raw meal a day and so she HAS to eat kibbles once a day as well. She thinks I am mistreating her. But I want want to make sure she get everything she needs. So she is now and will remain a "combo-cat" .. I have started feeding Honey the same way. She is also a combo cat.....

4meezers3kids

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
WOW.

I am so proud of you and what you have done for Flowers!

I have just begun feeding one raw, who has IBD and he was down two lb ... she is incredible, though!

You got me crying at work.

Thnaks for posting your story -- it is inspiring!

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hi gracie...........

and 4meezers3kids all I can say is that I truely believe the raw diet changed Flowers life and GAVE her life... The raw turned her around. She thrives on it... I hope your little kitty does as well and it won't surprise me one bit if it helps your cat....

Keep me updated as I am a believer now. I also beginning to suspect all health problems in cats would lessen if fed a natural diet... You can't beat nature.....

The initial investment for all the proper vitamens and ingredients costs a little but it lasts quite a while... I spend under 10.00 every two weeks for her chicken, gizzards and liver. I make a two week supply at a time and freeze individual servings in zip lock baggies. I have started using a large ice cream scoop for a serving. I heap it..

I have thought about making just the liquid portion of the ingredients and put it down and see if they all drink it.... but instead of 2 cups of liquid, use a gallon or two to dilute it and put it down like a water bowl. It would be extremely healthy. I just havent' done it yet.

And she is a ball of fire too. She chases ball non spot. She feel so good now. It makes me feel good to watch her. Juan still thinks she looks like a little rat but I tell him she has finally grown petals and is a full fledged flower now... She does not enjoy being held but she walks on us all the time. She walks across our laps, our shoulders, and at night she walks on our bodies finding a comfortable spot to settle down on top of one of us to sleep. This illness has bonded her to us. Honey has started acting the same way. Something about feeding them raw has brought them closer to us....... It is wonderful!