Flovent prices

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Atticus has asthma and I've been using this company for years. I buy five at a time. Never even the slightest problem. The lovely foxxycat turned me onto it because her cat Honeybee has asthma.

Floair (Fluticasone Propionate 250mcg) Inhaler 120 Doses/Inhaler (Fluticasone Propionate)
actually how does this one work for you? I use the flixotide one by Glaxosmith. but this one looks about 10 dollars cheaper--either way-- a win win is when we can afford to treat our kitties.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been purchasing Flixotide 250mcg from CanadaDrugs.com for $100/(120 puffs)for just over a year now. It has worked well for our cat, ships super fast, and it lasts about 90-100 days. We usually administer 1 puff per day, 2 if she has any coughing episodes. It’s been the most affordable option for us. We also give 2.5mg of terbutaline as needed. CanadaDrugs has a referral program. Let me know if you decide to use it and we can both save some $ . You can get 25% off your first order. Good luck with your kitten!
Just wanted to let you know you could save $40 a canister if you ordered from inhousepharmacy. It's the same exact product. Free airmail shipping. I have been buying from them since 2013. The group feline asthma on yahoo has been using them since I believe 2003ish or around. I hate to see people spend more money for the same product. You don't even have to mail them a check-they do echeck and it's a secure network. If you don't feel comfortable typing your account number on their website you can always phone in your order. Its 250 for 5 canisters for me. $59 for one but if you buy 2 you automatically get 10% off I believe. The more you spend=the more you get a discount. They have all kinds of medications. Ointment for eyes, flea/tick stuff, prednisolone etc etc although that's cheaper purchased stateside but if one needs it in a pinch it's nice to have a place to purchase.

tnbsp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
its 120 puffs per canister. Top dose is 4 puffs a day- 2 puffs am and 2 puffs pm with the 220/250 mcg strength. which gives about 25 days of puffs. If the cat has mild asthma-1 puff every 12 may work which would give you about 50 days=I never could get an entire 120 puffs=once it is 100 done I toss it.

I buy it on inhousepharmacy.vu for $56 a canister. I buy 5 at a time as I have 2 cats with asthma. 1 canister lasts us 12-13 days as it's 8 puffs a day with 2 cats. I don't try to titer down-don't want to chance epazemia getting started=which is lung tissue death and once tissue is not able to do air/gas exchange-that's less room for kitty to breathe. But that's just me.

I am not a vet, just one who has been dealing with asthma kitties for 5 years now.
Thanks for the info! I"m not sure yet how severe his asthma is... we went an entire 8 days off of the corticosteroids with no coughing when my vet was trying to see if he could be weaned off of it. Is epazemia due to the coughing and hard breathing? .. that seems like not a bad price. I'm feeling a bit better since my vet originally told it might be $200/month

houseofnine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think I'm late to the party, but my asthma kitty gets Flovent. We buy it at Costco, and it's about $40 cheaper than Walmart pharmacy. It's still about $240 though. Little-known fact: you don't need a Costco membership to use their pharmacy!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can use a free prescription drug card for pets to save some money on Flovent at the pharmacy. Here's one: Free Discount Pet Prescription Drug Card Program - Pet Drug Card Just fill out the info and print it. It has all the necessary info on the card for the pharmacist to enter in the store's computer.

You can shop around for the best price on Flovent with Prescription Prices, Coupons & Pharmacy Information - GoodRx if you don't want to buy online.

This is a popular group for feline asthma: Yahoo! Groups

houseofnine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You can use a free prescription drug card for pets to save some money on Flovent at the pharmacy. Here's one: Free Discount Pet Prescription Drug Card Program - Pet Drug Card Just fill out the info and print it. It has all the necessary info on the card for the pharmacist to enter in the store's computer.

You can shop around for the best price on Flovent with Prescription Prices, Coupons & Pharmacy Information - GoodRx if you don't want to buy online.

This is a popular group for feline asthma: Yahoo! Groups
Thank you so much for this tip! I had NO idea!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you have AAA service for your car, there is a AAA prescription drug program that you can sign up for. You can use it for pet prescriptions that are purchased at a Human pharmacy such as Flovent.

posumqueen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello.
I have been researching Flovent prices for my cat online tonight, and was fortunate enough to come across this Forum.
I see that Inhouse pharmacy has the GlaxoSmithKlein canister of Flixotide for $59,
Flixotide CFC Free 250mcg 120 Doses/Inhaler (Fluticasone Propionate)

and then they have a generic Floair for $45.
Floair (Fluticasone Propionate 250mcg) Inhaler 120 Doses/Inhaler (Fluticasone Propionate)

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the two, or is it just name brand versus generic?

Thank you.

pazzo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When you purchase from these overseas pharmacies, how do you know you're getting the real thing? When i research companies like inhousepharmacy and kiwidrugs, i see bad things. Canadadrugs is going to be closing shop soon by cooperation with a deal they made with USA DOJ. If we're not the ones taking the meds how do we know the drugs are genuine. Forget about the risks of being ripped off or waiting months for meds, or having meds seized at customs. I'm more concerned about our little buddies.

mommytobuck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Great. I am so disappointed to hear about Canada Drugs. I can only say that with them I never had a problem. My cat always seemed to be in good shape and happy. I have no idea how I will afford the outrageous medication for him now.

pazzo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here is the story about canadadrugs:

What Really Happened with CanadaDrugs.com | PharmacyChecker Blog

Reviews, stories, scam alerts for these online pharmacies vary by 180 degrees between sites. But there does seem to be a good number of satisfied people on thecatsite forums.
I have a prescription to fill for Flovent. Once you receive the inhaler how do you verify that it's genuine?

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never had issues with inhalers from kiwi or inhouse. Same packaging. Same meds. X rays show improved lungs. So if med was fake how come it works with BOTH my cats?! I refuse to spend 400 for same med elsewhere for 75 or less.

pazzo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay, I'm sold. I'll make an order with one of those places. Thanks very much for the input.

tnbsp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just started ordering flovent from Canada Drug for my kitty.. so I was also a little concerned about using the other sites. But, it has to be safe I think: there are rules in place by the FDA that these companies can only import drugs by FDA approved pharmacies abroad which shouldn't be selling "fake" medicine. So, like foxxycat said they would have been shut down a long time ago if they weren't running their businesses properly.. I plan to start ordering flovent from inhousepharmacy next time.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe there will always be conflict articles to sway you to spend big bucks for socalled brand name drugs. Now the funny part is the inhalers i get are brand name and $60 on inhouse. Glaxo smith is the brand. Usa price for 220 mcg is $380 regardless of prescription card etc. I tried all that stuff. The reason I think for higher price is usa ones come with a counter. New Zealand ones don't have a counter. You either keep track of how many puffs left or drop it in a cup of water until it floats. If its full it will sink. The more empty it is it will float more.

purplemilkywayy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat needs Flovent 110 mcg as well. I remember it used to be around $250, but when I dropped off the new prescription today, they told me it was $360. I was able to find a pharmacy that sold it for $285 though. That appears to be the average price now.

I do have pet insurance ($250 deductible and 90% reimbursement), but still... Flovent is very expensive.

tnbsp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat needs Flovent 110 mcg as well. I remember it used to be around $250, but when I dropped off the new prescription today, they told me it was $360. I was able to find a pharmacy that sold it for $285 though. That appears to be the average price now.

I do have pet insurance ($250 deductible and 90% reimbursement), but still... Flovent is very expensive.
I pay about $60 for 125mcg(110mcg) (120 doses qty) from drugmart.com ... all I do is upload my prescription from the vet on their website and in 2-3 weeks they ship me the inhaler in from New Zealand. I ask my vet for a paper copy and handle it on my own - but drugmart also can accept faxes or email copies of the prescription, it's really easy. My vet has no problem with it; the drug is exactly the same and meets all the FDA requirements. Is there any reason you haven't tried a foreign pharmacy? $360 is a painful number :(