Flovent prices

cisforcookie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

My kitty also has asthma. I have experience with Universal drug store. http://www.universaldrugstore.com/medications/Flovent+Inhaler

I have been using it for awhile and as far as i can tell the medication is legit. He has not had any asthma attacks since he has been on this medication. and it has been almost 2 years now. :)    

I also changed the litter I use to yesterdays news. I find that even the brands that claim to be "dust free" have a lot of dust. I noticed the furniture near the litter box had a layer of whiteish powder on it that was not the typical huosehold dust. I think it was irritating his lungs too. 

I hope your kitty does well on the flovent.

good luck!!

mommytobuck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It really is a good idea for a vet to look over your cat periodically. It's possible that something has changed about its health where the medicine could do more harm than good. Is it possible to get a vet to come to your home to a checkup?
No, there is no option for that here. But even if there was, it has been a nightmare. Where I lived before I did have that option. Each time it was impossible to inspect my cat and just lead to them giving up or... more recently, hurting my cat. I have made my decision... no more vet. 

Either NO asthma meds or asthma meds without a prescription. My vet, and I am sure all the others, will not allow me to give the medication without a visit and that visit HURTS my perfectly normal cat even if they drug him. EVERY TIME. No more. 

My cat is 11. There is no real option for treatment for anything because he is semi feral from the abuse he has taken from Multi vets. 

Please... anyone know how to get meds without a prescription OR a vet that would be reasonable? 

b8hxpajscm7p

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The cheapest I'd found, by far, is a generic of Flovent, called Flohale (by Cipla, out of India). However, Flohale has been discontinued. I used it for three years, and am really upset that I'm now going to have to pay a lot more for Flixotide (same as Flovent). Seems the cheapest Flixotide (in bulk) is at: KiwiDrug (https://www.kiwidrug.com/search/flovent_inhaler/). The next cheapest option is: InHousePharmacy (https://www.inhousepharmacy.vu/search.aspx?searchterm=Flixotide inhaler). I've been using the 125 mcg, two times a day.... but, either my kitty has built up a bit of an immunity, the disease has progressed, or both... but, I will now purchase the 250 mcg fluticasone propionate inhaler. Good luck to all those who have asthma furr babies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
My Honeybee has asthma and we buy ours from Kiwidrug.com in New Zealand. Inhousepharmacy.vu is another good one. I buy 6 at a time for $250. Need a script. Just email the photo of it to Kiwi. They take echeck. I got my meds in a week.

Asthma is diagnosed via xrays. The radiologist looks for inflammation in the form of donuts/tram lines. It's very noticeable on the xrays. Coughing at night is one symptom. Wheezy fast breathing.

You want to count breathes when they are asleep. should be 30 or under. If it's 40 then need a vet appointment.

My honeybee has been on 220mcg flovent since March 8 2013. It changed her life. Before she had to rest a lot and couldn't climb up her tree and coughed a lot. She came from a smokers house and here it is almost 4 years later and she still needs to be on Flovent.

Also don't mess around with 44 mcg dose. some have good luck with 125mcg but most vets recommend 220 mcg because then you get the inflammation under raps much faster. We don't want inflammation-need to stay on top of it.

Bug2k13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wanted to update the thread. I just used this coupon code A10-CD17C on CanadaDrugs.com for 10% off my $50 purchase of Fluticasone 220mcg inhaler 120 dose bringing my cost to $88.20. Anyone have any other savings codes or want to swap info to benefit from the referral program?

mommytobuck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes I found the code for my last order from Canada Drug. I like them because they take credit cards.

Young 3cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes I found the code for my last order from Canada Drug. I like them because they take credit cards.
I have a cat with asthma, I am injecting him weekly steroids, I was told that flovent could be less aggressive and non-side effects. How frequently do you use the flovent in your cat? and what is doses? I really appreciate your help, since my vet just recommended steroids injected.

Thanks

mommytobuck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a cat with asthma, I am injecting him weekly steroids, I was told that flovent could be less aggressive and non-side effects. How frequently do you use the flovent in your cat? and what is doses? I really appreciate your help, since my vet just recommended steroids injected.
Thanks
I have a script for 2X per day (I don't know the script but I think it is 220 mpg). But I just give him one. Because I think that is all he needs and It helps me save money. At first I thought the giving it to him would be hard but it so isn't. My cat has taken right to it.

tnbsp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was trying to look through this forum, and I couldn't find the answer.. so much to read, sorry if this was already there!

Could someone tell me how long your Flovent Inhalers typically last? On average, how much are you paying per month? (no insurance, USA)

Thanks! My Vet thinks my cat is going to need to be on medication permanently and I'm looking into options, he is on the oral corticosteroids right now, only 7 months old so this'll be $$$ but I'm worried about more $$ if he gets bad side effects later from the oral medication. Thank you!

mommytobuck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was trying to look through this forum, and I couldn't find the answer.. so much to read, sorry if this was already there!

Could someone tell me how long your Flovent Inhalers typically last? On average, how much are you paying per month? (no insurance, USA)

Thanks! My Vet thinks my cat is going to need to be on medication permanently and I'm looking into options, he is on the oral corticosteroids right now, only 7 months old so this'll be $$$ but I'm worried about more $$ if he gets bad side effects later from the oral medication. Thank you!
My cat turned out to only need 1/2 the dose prescribed. My vet said to do 2 puffs a day but my cat is fine on one. Each inhaler lasts then about 4 months. Or 120 days. Try only giving 1/2 the dose first to see if it saves money. My cat can even skip a few days on the weekends. I have been doing this now for 4 years so I am pretty sure this is all he needs.

tnbsp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat turned out to only need 1/2 the dose prescribed. My vet said to do 2 puffs a day but my cat is fine on one. Each inhaler lasts then about 4 months. Or 120 days. Try only giving 1/2 the dose first to see if it saves money. My cat can even skip a few days on the weekends. I have been doing this now for 4 years so I am pretty sure this is all he needs.
Thanks! That does sound like it would make things way more affordable. Could you tell me which inhaler you're talking about? Like which does? 44mcg, 110, 220? thank you :)

mommytobuck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks! That does sound like it would make things way more affordable. Could you tell me which inhaler you're talking about? Like which does? 44mcg, 110, 220? thank you :)
220. I tried the 110 but it was too little. My cat struggled.

tnbsp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
220. I tried the 110 but it was too little. My cat struggled.
Thanks :) I have a feeling I could make this affordable if I just buy at the right place :) phew. Thanks for your help

mommytobuck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks :) I have a feeling I could make this affordable if I just buy at the right place :) phew. Thanks for your help
I don't know if you have pet insurance but my insurance does provide some money for it. I have to use the benefit only once per year.

tnbsp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know if you have pet insurance but my insurance does provide some money for it. I have to use the benefit only once per year.
Unfortunately I don't.. so now it's a "pre-exisiting condition," and the asthma won't be covered. I wish I had thought about it earlier... I thought "oh he's a kitten.. I can wait a bit and decide later" ... oops, oh well

Bug2k13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have been purchasing Flixotide 250mcg from CanadaDrugs.com for $100/(120 puffs)for just over a year now. It has worked well for our cat, ships super fast, and it lasts about 90-100 days. We usually administer 1 puff per day, 2 if she has any coughing episodes. It’s been the most affordable option for us. We also give 2.5mg of terbutaline as needed. CanadaDrugs has a referral program. Let me know if you decide to use it and we can both save some $ . You can get 25% off your first order. Good luck with your kitten!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
its 120 puffs per canister. Top dose is 4 puffs a day- 2 puffs am and 2 puffs pm with the 220/250 mcg strength. which gives about 25 days of puffs. If the cat has mild asthma-1 puff every 12 may work which would give you about 50 days=I never could get an entire 120 puffs=once it is 100 done I toss it.

I buy it on inhousepharmacy.vu for $56 a canister. I buy 5 at a time as I have 2 cats with asthma. 1 canister lasts us 12-13 days as it's 8 puffs a day with 2 cats. I don't try to titer down-don't want to chance epazemia getting started=which is lung tissue death and once tissue is not able to do air/gas exchange-that's less room for kitty to breathe. But that's just me.

I am not a vet, just one who has been dealing with asthma kitties for 5 years now.