Fleas

semiferal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jane_vernon

Thats why I recommended the Adams stuff as it is made with pets in mind by a Veterinary company.
I would have to advise strongly against Adams products. They contain pyrethrins, which are toxic to cats if they are even slightly overdosed.

jestina

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have tried many different remedies to get rid of fleas. I have even tried using Borax by sprinkling on my carpet. Here is what I have done to rid my home and cat of fleas. I bought a flea collar and chopped it up in several pieces and placed some of the pieces in my vacuum cleaner (I would replace those pieces every few weeks). I then would vacuum every day, making sure to dump the vacuum container outside after each time. I bought Advantage from a Pet Hospital/Veterinarian (3 months use). I then chose a date to apply the medicine to my pet and did so religiously. I would not recommend bathing a pet and using a flea shampoo. You want the fleas to jump ON the cat not off. The fleas will be killed by the Advantage medicine. I also needed to bomb my house twice. My pets are indoor only and after 5 months of doing this…goodbye fleas.