Flambé disaster

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dottie's hands are steadily healing. I suspect she'll always have a scar.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Dottie could try silicone scar strips to reduce the scarring. I used them for about two months following thyroid surgery and was pleasantly surprised at how well they worked.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We all know we are just a panic attack away from what happened to Dottie. As much as they love us, they are capable of hurting us in fear.

So glad Flambe is with you two, and hugs to Dottie for enduring the pain. But he is her boy!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As Carolina knows, Flambe is a clown, normally. Prancing around, always wanting to play, begging for a chip of ice to chase around the kitchen, scratching on my desk to get me to chase him (right now), etc.

We just clipped his claws a little while ago, and he purred through the whole deal.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
WOW, her hands do look soooooo much better. What about trying Mederma? for the scarring? I think that is what it is called. My cousin used it on her daughter who was bit by the neighbor's dog on her cheek. It worked so well.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
After the disaster trying to take him to the shelter, we decided to adopt Flambe. He's so much fun!

However, we told the shelter we would not take him in to be microchipped. Nothing against microchipping, but no one would want to handle him at the shelter. So, when we did the adoption, they gave us the chip and activator and said they would have someone come around to install it.

One of the shelter ladies did it this week, and she was amazed at how calm he was, and how little he fussed. I mean, I would have been fainting, myself; that's a BIG needle! But he took it in stride and is doing fine.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

After the disaster trying to take him to the shelter, we decided to adopt Flambe. He's so much fun!

However, we told the shelter we would not take him in to be microchipped. Nothing against microchipping, but no one would want to handle him at the shelter. So, when we did the adoption, they gave us the chip and activator and said they would have someone come around to install it.

One of the shelter ladies did it this week, and she was amazed at how calm he was, and how little he fussed. I mean, I would have been fainting, myself; that's a BIG needle! But he took it in stride and is doing fine.
That's wonderful!!! He's a lucky boy to have you! And I'm glad that they came out to microchip him in his home instead of him having to be stressed out going back to a place he obviously hates so much!

You need to post more pictures of that lil cutie!!!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is an older photo, but he was just up on my desk like this...or would have been, had Punkin not already been there.

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I'm wondering if it might be the bleach used for cleaning. I seem to have heard that it can have psychoactive effects on some animals...
It does on my cats, but its more like an aphrodisiac that they feel very attracted to.

Grats on the adoption, and hope that nasty bite heals up fully quick.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Flambe is so lucky to have you and dottie, hes one gorgeous cat!

Dotties hands healed better than what i thought they would