Flambé disaster

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How awful for Flambe and Dottie. Cat bites can be very nasty, I sure hope she is alright today. Poor Flambe, I hope he gets adopted soon, he is a beautiful cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Feralvr

How awful for Flambe and Dottie. Cat bites can be very nasty, I sure hope she is alright today. Poor Flambe, I hope he gets adopted soon, he is a beautiful cat.
He's not going back to the shelter. If we take him back there, they will immediately put him to sleep. So I guess we'll adopt him, when the quarantine period is up.

And it's really sad, because for someone who was lonely, he'd be a great companion. He's not clingy, but he loves attention, loves to play, will come in my office begging for play every few minutes. He loves it when we foster kittens, because they're the only "people" who can play with him as much as he wants to play. When we adopted Sheba for my brother, Flambe loved her (after a day of initial hissing) because she loves to frolic and race around the house, too.

aprilyim

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, at least FlambÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] has a loving home! That's a pretty happy ending to this story!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dottie's hands:

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, my - but, to restate the obvious, what wonderful people you are to accept that Flambe was just panicked. I hope your wife heals very quickly.

jenwales

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I almost didn't open this thread because I didn't want to read about someone getting burned in a dessert mishap.

I hope Dottie heals quickly, and that Flambe brings you many years of joy.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow I bet her hands really hurt from that! I hope they heal quickly.

I'm glad you are keeping Flambe he was meant to be yours anyway

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Flambe, poor Dottie, and poor you! How stressful for everyone! Tell Dottie to take care and if there's any increase in the redness, get to the doctor immediately! I just went through a cat bite and if I'd have waited, I'd have been in bad pain!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The worst thing is that they won't put stitches in that big one because they want it to heal from the bottom, so it will probably leave a scar.

And she dearly loves the little poot. He's in sleeping on her legs right now, as usual.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
He knew he was meant to stay with you and Dottie. I'm sorry about her hands and I hope they heal without a lot of trouble.

jalindal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness! Dottie's hands look very painful.
for her. You two are such special people for making the choice to keep FlambÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] yourselves! At least you'll have a special cat to play with your fosters- you could look at him as just another part of the care you give the cats- providing them with a playmate! Haha.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG poor Dottie's hands. Looks just terribly painful. I was wondering why she didn't have stitches, guess the doctor's know what they are talking about though. Now Dottie will have a Flambe scar. for quick healing. I am sure Flambe was so extremely stressed to do that and you are wonderful at how much you care for him and understand him.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man...nasty looking injuries!

And again, I understand. Casper would be happiest, I think, as an only cat with a human or two to dote on him constantly. He doesn't get that in my house. But he shows TERRIBLY... and he is very, very bonded to ME. I don't know how he would handle change, as in -- adopted out ...

So I am between a rock and a hard place with him. Do I continue to try to find him a home ( 4 year old plain brown tabby - yeah.. good luck with that) or just keep him eventho' the situation is not quite right for him.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, poor Flambe and poor Dottie!!
I can't imagine the fear he must have felt! It's so sad. But he is obviously calm and adjusted in your home, if he's back on Dottie's legs..
You and Dottie are so good to be doing what you do.
Hugs for both of you. And healing vibes for Dottie too!