first timer could use a little help

zoey21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat didn't want me to leave her she was funny with loud noises sounds like this is it kim81 tinkerbell didn't take long when it started 9am she's started had first at 10.10am good luck xx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kim81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hey shes started delivering them at 9.10 the first one cam out and 4th one by 1pm but I can still feel a kitten head in there am kinda worried I cant feel it move she stopped contracting more less staright after 4th just had couple more then it stopped she was so exhausted looked really drained so fort might have been that shes just been lying on bed (she got out her box and went there) since the 3rd one came she just layed there just worried anyone whos cat had more after did you feel them move or just there head and body inside? xx

kim81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
been tryin to post pics since they born but not working keeps freezing have no idea why ill keep tying they all weigh 124-130g think I got 2 boys and 2 girls

kim81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
the one that's got brown head has same spot in same place as her aswell loool shes doing a great job first night she had them she kept getting up and calling for a kitten she thought shed lost one was hunting all around shes fine now hasn't got how to pick them up keeps trying to pick um up by there head or tummy

kim81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
just quick question how much do you sell kittens for as I payed 60 for her and only 20 for my boy want to make sure they all got secure homes to go to  due to timing of them leaving is like 3 days before my baby due

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
just quick question how much do you sell kittens for as I payed 60 for her and only 20 for my boy want to make sure they all got secure homes to go to  due to timing of them leaving is like 3 days before my baby due
I'd charge at least $50- enough that people will have to think for at least a moment about it.  I'd offer a full refund in the event that the new owner provides you with proof that their new kitty is spayed/neutered but if course that is up to you.

bella wella

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aww i missed it, congrats Kim and well done Lilly they are gorgeous :-)how is she getting on with them x

kim81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
shes doing great she only leaves them when they are asleep and she literally goes to other side of her den n has drink/food lies down watching them only thing is if they wiggle behind her or start to wiggle to far away she starts acting like she wants to hurt it like biting it face legs and belly and smacking it ect she wont pick it up and move it back tho I have to move it after  while as I feel bad watching it I know its nature but poor babys crying and don't look like shes was going to move it back anytime soon just kept beating it up but they all doing well the first day they was awake and feeding felt like all day and night now they sleeping more often made me worry at first when they was constantly on her thinking maybe shes not got enough milk but read online its normal first couple days hows bells xx

bella wella

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah bells wont pick them up, i have to move them back but they have started exploring now so i randomly find them across the room with Bella moaning at them, she is doing well and has settled with the move really well, all my new neighbours have cats so she will defo be getting sorted before going out

kim81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ohh gosh I woke up this morning to one of them like 2 ft away from then nest they really active I fort newborn kittens don't move much only to get nipple but I noticed today every time ive gone up there shes on one side of the nest with one kitten and the rest are on otherside all snuggled together I mean she does feed them all but this one is the biggest hes 165g and hes constantly on her so she wont get up until he comes off to feed the others and last night one kittens was crying so much it woke me up had to pick the 3 up and put them with her as she was just looking at them I fort she woulda just got to a point where she fort right need to get that kitten with me??

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ohh gosh I woke up this morning to one of them like 2 ft away from then nest they really active I fort newborn kittens don't move much only to get nipple but I noticed today every time ive gone up there shes on one side of the nest with one kitten and the rest are on otherside all snuggled together I mean she does feed them all but this one is the biggest hes 165g and hes constantly on her so she wont get up until he comes off to feed the others and last night one kittens was crying so much it woke me up had to pick the 3 up and put them with her as she was just looking at them I fort she woulda just got to a point where she fort right need to get that kitten with me??
It is highly unlikely they are moving anywhere by themselves.  Mom is moving them.  

kim81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
they are I watched one of them last night wiggle right out nest mum wont pick them up she just made weird sound so I picked it up and put it back for her ill try get a video of it tonight if they one do it  they not like walking they like dragging them self and pushing with back legs

kim81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
just done my weighing 3 of them are 158-185g but one is only 148g but he was only 145 yesterday at this time should I be concerned this one has always had trouble getting on her nipples right from the start but once he finally on hes ok until the ginger spot one (185g hes massive with big head) comes and pushes him off constantly should I get some kmr and a bottle and just hand rear her as I really don't want her to die shes a lot smaller and not as strong as others all the others weights are shooting up

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
3 g raise is better than nothing, but its not enough for a normal day.  Do you have statistics for the other days too?

One days weak raise may be coincidence, so dont worry too much as yet.  Try to set him to a tit when this big bro sleeps.

But if you have sure knowledge of two days running too low, or several a week too low, yes, give him extra manually too. Goat milk or kmr.  

And if he seems sickly - consult your vet too.

Good luck!

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
just done my weighing 3 of them are 158-185g but one is only 148g but he was only 145 yesterday at this time should I be concerned this one has always had trouble getting on her nipples right from the start but once he finally on hes ok until the ginger spot one (185g hes massive with big head) comes and pushes him off constantly should I get some kmr and a bottle and just hand rear her as I really don't want her to die shes a lot smaller and not as strong as others all the others weights are shooting up
I generally tend to feel if they are gaining, it is okay. I personally would not be too alarmed but it cannot hurt to suppliment his diet a bit. I would not entirely hand rear her for a large variety of reasons- let her keep nursing from mom if she can (even if it is a bit hard for her to start).