First Time Mom!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittenstar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay! Ill keep an eye out for the redness and hardness and stuff! Thank you!

kittenstar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Back again! So today my one kitten pooped on his own today. It was runny and muddy though kinda a brown/orange color! Is this normal for a kittens first poop. Hes healthy looking and runs all over the place. He ate some gruel and some of his mamas milk! None of the others have pooped yet just pee pee. Hes the one whose been eating on his own. The others just started yesterday.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't be concerned yet, as his system is adjusting. Keep an eye on it though!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's progress! The poop should be a brown color. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

kittenstar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ive decided to give them softened kibbles. All the kittens seem to like them and its a grain free high protein kibble.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Royal Canin baby cat is a great kibble for kittens. It's very small pieces and has all the nutrients they need. When you're ready to stop softening the food, you should look into it!

kittenstar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow thank you! My orange kitty has this crust build up around his nostrils. What could it be? He doesnt seem sick at all. He runs plays climbs and eats reguarly.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Try to soften it with a warm, damp cloth to get it off gently. Is it dried food?

kittenstar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It came off! Lol mustve been food! Also my queen was spayed today she took mexacam(i think thats what its called.) And right now i found her kittens nursing! Is this safe!?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Metacam - it's pain reliever. She needs it. It's fine. Did they send you home with any? If so, give it to her for 2-3 days. It helps. Kittens will be fine nursing.

kittenstar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah i have some for her! Excellent. Im having trouble getting the kittens to actually use the litter box too lmao i enzyme the spot the used and still they go there and the mom growls when she smells and sees the poop. Ive never come across this either...is it just a weird tick or could something be wrong maybe? The poop is solid but still an orangebrownish color.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Put the kittens' litter pan in the place where they have been going. Are you putting the kittens in the pan several times a day? That helps too. I think you should call your vet and ask about the orange poop. That's not normal and may need treatment. Good it's formed though.

kittenstar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah its the first time ive seen this one poop. The others poop was orangish at first but is now a dark brownish color. I guess i could look into the vet visit. I hope they dont charge me for all the kitties. :/

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can wait to see if the poop turns more brownish. It sounds like it has in the others so far.