First time flying, first big trip anywhere!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Winchester

All I can say is Have Fun!

I'm not a fan of flying at all and there aren't enough drugs or alcohol in the universe to get me on a plane. Just not going to happen.
I was the same way. Part of me still is. But I have 2 huge trips on my bucket list that I would give anything to take. Going to see Pearl Harbor and Ireland. Both require plane trips and since Id rather be on a plane than a boat Ive got to fly sometime. The only thing that scares me more than planes is fish. Im phobic about fish...even goldfish. Ever since someone told me about fish biting off toes Ive been scared of them. So Id rather be on a plane and have it crash than risk being on a boat and having it sink, its easier to survive a boat sinking then end up eaten by a rabid toe munching fish than surviving a plane crash. So I guess if Im going down by man made machines...Ill take the plane over evil man eating goldfish.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by 3CatsN1Dog

I was the same way. Part of me still is. But I have 2 huge trips on my bucket list that I would give anything to take. Going to see Pearl Harbor and Ireland. Both require plane trips and since Id rather be on a plane than a boat Ive got to fly sometime. The only thing that scares me more than planes is fish. Im phobic about fish...even goldfish. Ever since someone told me about fish biting off toes Ive been scared of them. So Id rather be on a plane and have it crash than risk being on a boat and having it sink, its easier to survive a boat sinking then end up eaten by a rabid toe munching fish than surviving a plane crash. So I guess if Im going down by man made machines...Ill take the plane over evil man eating goldfish.
LOL! I don't wish to do either, if I don't have to. I won't fly. And I don't really want to go by ship either. You see, it's a long way to the bottom of the ocean. And there are sharks in those waters. And darn it, I'm just not goin' there!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You mentioned it being cheaper on the days you fly, the reason why that is is because you are flying on a weekday. Generally speaking it is cheaper to fly on weekdays than it is on weekends. Play with the dates if you can, it would prolly be even cheaper to go Wed. till Monday if you can do that.

OH, read the instructions on LIQUIDS. I can't stress that enough. Bottles cannot hold more that 100mL I believe, I can't remember the exact mL....( shampoo, bodywash, toothpaste, etc ). Any medications must be in their original containers with the prescription on the bottle. I found it easiest to buy most personal products there rather than try to bring them with me. The only one I brought with was my deodarant and my piercing solution as I just had my nose pierced 2 days prior to flying. The piercing liquid was just slightly above the allowed limit but aside from stopping to look at it, they let me though with it.

All liquids must be in a ziploc bag not exceeding X size. I brought 2: one with hygiene products, and one with my medications.

That info should be on your airports website.

Mp3 players are good, they do offer inflight movies depending on your flight.

Bring a deck of cards if you like cards.

If you are really worried, ask you doc for a mild sedative to take for the flight. OR you could try some Rescue Remedy.... The bottle it comes in is within the allowable size
and it does help

Sounds very exciting hun and I hope you have a wonderful time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

You mentioned it being cheaper on the days you fly, the reason why that is is because you are flying on a weekday. Generally speaking it is cheaper to fly on weekdays than it is on weekends. Play with the dates if you can, it would prolly be even cheaper to go Wed. till Monday if you can do that.

OH, read the instructions on LIQUIDS. I can't stress that enough. Bottles cannot hold more that 100mL I believe, I can't remember the exact mL....( shampoo, bodywash, toothpaste, etc ). Any medications must be in their original containers with the prescription on the bottle. I found it easiest to buy most personal products there rather than try to bring them with me. The only one I brought with was my deodarant and my piercing solution as I just had my nose pierced 2 days prior to flying. The piercing liquid was just slightly above the allowed limit but aside from stopping to look at it, they let me though with it.

All liquids must be in a ziploc bag not exceeding X size. I brought 2: one with hygiene products, and one with my medications.

That info should be on your airports website.

Mp3 players are good, they do offer inflight movies depending on your flight.

Bring a deck of cards if you like cards.

If you are really worried, ask you doc for a mild sedative to take for the flight. OR you could try some Rescue Remedy.... The bottle it comes in is within the allowable size
and it does help

Sounds very exciting hun and I hope you have a wonderful time.
We pretty much figured that we are just going to buy stuff like shampoo, deoderant, body wash etc when we get there because we figured that was easier in the long run rather than trying to make sure we have everything and its 'flying proof'. Especially things like razors for shaving. We figured on allowing 50 bucks or so to get all the hygiene stuff we needed for the stay. Since we pretty much have over a year to save up for the trip and we are going to use the income tax money to buy tickets to the monster truck show and PeepShow we have been debating on going for a whole week and going monday to monday. If this ends up being our one big trip I want it to be a doozy of a trip haha. Well minus the whole going broke hookers and being wasted part of 'normal' Vegas trips. HOWEVER I have every intention of making that trip memorable by weaseling Chaz to a chapel....we dont want a big wedding but how awesome would it be to get married in Vegas..cheesey yes but still awesome...We just wont pull a Britney and get it annulled in 48 hrs. Haha