Fire!!!!! Fire!!!!! Fire!!!! And Candles!!!!

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I love Yankee Candle.

My favorites are the vanilla, pumpkin, buttercream - type smells. I think most of my favorites are in some way food-related
Many of the Yankee Candle floral scents are too strong for me
I just got my Yankee Candle catalog today...UH OH!

I love honeysuckle scents as well as spicy scents in the fall!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Was it the scratch and sniff catalog? I had a doctors appointment the other day, and brought that with me to read in the waiting room. Bad Move
I looked a bit strange snorting the pages

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Was it the scratch and sniff catalog? I had a doctors appointment the other day, and brought that with me to read in the waiting room. Bad Move
Yup! I just bought new tart-burners and a TON of the tarts!
Did you smell the new Tea and Honey fragrance

There goes $50... but they'll last for at least 6 months!
I keep one tart burner in the bedroom and one in the kitchen: we have an open floor plan so I can get the whole house (even the basement!) smelling yummy that way!

forget-me-not

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here is another Yankee Candle fan - I just tried two new scents and I have to have more of them both! One was Tea and Honey and although I usually don't like "sweet" scents this is very mild and calming.I tend to like the 'abstract' smells like country linen and meadow mist etc. I know the cinammon and apple smell great in the kitchen especially during the holidays. Particularly since I don't cook or bake, it is a great fake out

I got an offer emailed to me for $15 off if I spend $45 - and believe me, I can spend $45 quickly. I am very careful not to have any burning if the kitty is around - both because of safety and I don't think she likes the scents.

The only reason I haven't bought more lately is that I am going broke buying cat toys...but that is another thread....

forget-me-not

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oops - forgot to mention that I didn't like the Tea and Honey at first, but once it burns a bit it really isn't strong (I only got a free votive as a gift) I thought I would hate it too, but it really surprised me. It made me rethink trying some other scents I would never attempt before.

I can understand why it is one of those "love it or hate it" scents though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

I'm allergic to scented things (like, scented Febreze bothers me) so I like BIRTHDAY CANDLES!!!!!!! Yay!

Oh, and the title of this thread is mildly terrifying. I think you're a pyro!
No, I assure you, I have make fire extinguishers for a living

Hehe, just kidding- i think i'm a closet pyro

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I thought Pyro, or Beavis and Butthead.
Do you realize how many bonus points you just got me with Colin for the Beavis & Butthead comment??
He would be soo proud lol

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

My favourite scent is one called Clean. I love it. although i dont burn candles anymore i melt them on a warmer.

I dont buy anymore either. I Make them
Soy wax rocks.
I agree!!!! I LOVE my candle warmers (wal-mart..$4-5 ). They rock!!! I love them sooo much that i got one for my mom and my sisters
. What's bad, is my sister Kimmy has a candle fetish too lol. Her husband Jason and my boyfriend Colin dread to see us go candle shopping
. I only have a few yankee candle co. candles- i got them as teacher appreciation week gifts from my kids & their parents---I always warm my Yankee Candles on my candle warmer...they last almost 90% longer that way and the smell is amazing!!! Right now i have a Vanilla Caramel one on it
I think i like just about every flavor of the yankee candle co. candles Except the "fresh cut grass" one- i'm allergic to grass...and can't stand the scent lol
. I also really like the candles at World Market & Target too...and Hobby Lobby & Garden Ridge. Pier One candles rock too, and they usually have some 75% off at certain times of the year
...goodness, show me a candle i don't like lol
. I actually haven't bought candles in a while, because everyone always gives me candles as presents! I love it
And it's great when the power goes out or i take a bath....

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Be sure to watch out for your kittes when candles are lit.Sophia has put her head in a candle 3-4 times she just never learns and it smelled really bad but she was okay!
Oh goodness! I'm glad Sophia didn't catch herself on fire! I always put my candle warmers and lit candles away from the curious noses of my furbabies
I would feel terrible if they ever got burnt or spilled wax on themsleves

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I agree!!!! I LOVE my candle warmers (wal-mart..$4-5 ). They rock!!! I love them sooo much that i got one for my mom and my sisters
. What's bad, is my sister Kimmy has a candle fetish too lol. Her husband Jason and my boyfriend Colin dread to see us go candle shopping
. I only have a few yankee candle co. candles- i got them as teacher appreciation week gifts from my kids & their parents---I always warm my Yankee Candles on my candle warmer...they last almost 90% longer that way and the smell is amazing!!! Right now i have a Vanilla Caramel one on it
I think i like just about every flavor of the yankee candle co. candles Except the "fresh cut grass" one- i'm allergic to grass...and can't stand the scent lol
. I also really like the candles at World Market & Target too...and Hobby Lobby & Garden Ridge. Pier One candles rock too, and they usually have some 75% off at certain times of the year
...goodness, show me a candle i don't like lol
. I actually haven't bought candles in a while, because everyone always gives me candles as presents! I love it
And it's great when the power goes out or i take a bath....
everyone in my family gets candles and tarts and lotions for christmas, LOL they love when i come in the door for sure. everyone gets their fix, LOL so yeah I feel ya on that hehehe.

I have....like 100 or more scents sitting in my cabinets right now, LOL...mmm candles.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

I have....like 100 or more scents sitting in my cabinets right now, LOL...mmm candles.
Me too!!! I like to alternate them

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hello, my name is Heidi and I'm addicted to Yankee Candles.

(everyone says, "Hello, Heidi")

Yeah, seriously a bad addiction to start! But, man I did so good this year! They had their semi-annual clearance in Julyish and I stocked up on their 50-75% off candles. I got some that I may not have otherwise tried, and I could still rationalize buying so many because I saved so much!

BTW, for theimp and Rebecca: they have two "new" coffee flavors - Roasted Coffee and Chocolate Cappuchino; and they have brought back Patchouli as a Halloween fragrance. I had to get the Patchouli - I love that scent!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Me too!!! I like to alternate them
LOL yeah i like to alternate too. tommrow is tarts day I think i am gonna do honey suckle vine, Margarita and Berry Brulee

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Hello, my name is Heidi and I'm addicted to Yankee Candles.

(everyone says, "Hello, Heidi")

Yeah, seriously a bad addiction to start! But, man I did so good this year! They had their semi-annual clearance in Julyish and I stocked up on their 50-75% off candles. I got some that I may not have otherwise tried, and I could still rationalize buying so many because I saved so much!

BTW, for theimp and Rebecca: they have two "new" coffee flavors - Roasted Coffee and Chocolate Cappuchino; and they have brought back Patchouli as a Halloween fragrance. I had to get the Patchouli - I love that scent!
Wooo Hooo!!!! I love Patchouli! If they had a Ylang-Ylang & Murh candle i'd be in heaven

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have an unhealthy addiction on using everything up, so I have a tendency to leave scratch and sniff stuff on the dashboard of the car if the car is going to be parked in the sun. It drives hubby crazy but our car always smell nice.

I buy candles in February and I store them until November to use them. I calculated some stuff and realzied that if I buy candles 75% off, they are as cost-efficient as a space heater. Plus, they are less noisy and they smell good.

deelynn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i love candles
Im always buying them
not sure i have favorite sent love to light them
at night i have like 6 in living room
If we have a storm and lights go out
IM ALL SET

abacat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I too have candle "issues"
My husband will be very happy to know I am not the only one. I am actually not allowed to go into Yankeee Candle at the mall anymore!
Has anyone ever been to Yankee Candle in S. Deerfield MA? I have and I was in HEAVEN!! Not only do they have every scent but they have a discount room AND they were having a tent sale the last time I was there. Hmmm I'm thinking it's time for a roadtrip.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is an outlet mall in Smithfield NC that has a Yankee Candle outlet. It is off exit 97 on I-95.
I am so glad to know they brouht back Patchouli for Haloween! They had a Witch's Brew candle that was Patchouli and something else, vanilla maybe, and it was heavenly! I bought a case of them in the medium and the small sizes when I worked at the outlet.

scuffy&samantha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I usually buy candles from bath and bowdy works when it's on sale cause it's really expensive there. I like fruit smelling candles and sweets.