Feverish lethargic kittens

Rayn89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So, I have an outdoor cat colony that I have been caring for. About a month ago, one of my 8-week-old kittens showed some signs of lethargy. I would check in on her on my way back and forth to work. I figured it was probably just a short-term virus that would run its course. Recently my daughter's favorite cat, a mostly black tuxedo named Kai, became lethargic as well. I allowed her to bring Kai inside for monitoring and care. That was 4 days ago. During that time, he continued to run a fever and did not have much energy. He's eating and drinking and sometimes drinks excessive amounts of water when taken to the water bowl. His condition is remaining exactly the same. He remains droopy-headed and reluctant to do much but has small moments where he will still play and purr. I also noticed that kitten number 1 is also still lacking energy but still functioning. I'm starting to think this could be some sort of long-term illness. They have not received any vaccines.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
Can you get them to a vet? This doesn't sound like something that can be dealt with otherwise.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rayn89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've already spent over $1000 on vet bills this year and I'm a single parent but I've been strongly considering taking at least my daughter's cat. I can't see that their symptoms match any common cat illnesses that I've read about lately.