Feral Is Inside Since Tuesday Night

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
D dana17 I believe you'll find Bugs thread inspiring. Not looking to dominate your thread, but you'll find Bug was my 1st attempt ever at taking in a feral/stray. I was a newbee, dummy with many questions, doubts and challenges. With much needed guidance volunteered by many special helpful members here, I was able to turn him from quite violent loner to what you see in the window picture....a loving member of the family.
You'll also read 6 months later, a black stray female followed his footsteps to my woods. Of course I took her in...her integration was quick, a cakewalk compared to the Bug. Some are truly difficult, some willing participants.

Point being, as challenging, sometimes even depressing as the long process is......DON'T GIVE UP. PATIENCE and TIME must be invested on our parts. In the end SO worth it. Very frequently 2 steps forward, 3 back....give it plenty time...you WILL have a new family member!
bugnprincess.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dana17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I cant wait for that.
we love him alot and want the best!

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can see why...Roz is a sweet kitty cat. Clearly worth all your efforts.

Rest assured you've done all. The right stuff. Want you to know, I was advised the "hormonal correction" after neuter takes about 8 weeks to complete....you've got to cut him some slack during that period, they are confused and conflicted...Bug purred at me one minute, violently swatted at me the next. Totally conflicted and beyond their control, but it will pass with patience needed on your end.

I for one will be pulling for you and Roz. Please post progress and info to your thread, I'll be following.

You're gonna DO this D dana17 , both you and Roz!

Last edited:

dana17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ty...he is special and we named him after my mom. She was on hospice for baldder cancer and ended up passing away

dana17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, you kicked cancers ASS!!!! That's great!