Feral Dilute Torbie Recently Adopted

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jdwns12

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Mamanyt1953,

Yes, I think she's beautiful too! I never knew about dilute cats before. I just always seen black, white, orange, red, grey and silver cats but I didn't know about dilute versions of tortoiseshells and calicos before. I think they're precious,too!

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kittens Mom,

Thank you for your reply! It's funny, some people say dilute tortie, some people say dilute torbie, others say a silver tabby, and others say silver shaded. No matter what coat type she has, I think she's beautiful! I personally feel she is a dilute torbie because she does have some black stripes going down her side although not a lot of them. She also has a white undercoat. None of the cats I had in the past had a different color undercoat. I think that's kind of neat.
My Mook is smoke tortie. Kitten was a dilute blue cream tortie.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Several years ago, I had a dilute calico who was gorgeous.  Her coat looked like pictures I've seen of Angoras, so far a texture and length.  Her name was Berry.  I had to rehome her with a dear friend when my son and his baby daughter had to live with me for awhile.  The baby was SUPPOSED to be allergic to cats.  It broke my heart, but Cheryl gave her a home second to none.  I did want to commit some kind of mayhem when I found out two years later that the grandbaby was NOT allergic to cats, but to a certain detergent.  At that point, it would have been cruel to uproot Berry YET AGAIN.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise

Several years ago, I had a dilute calico who was gorgeous.  Her coat looked like pictures I've seen of Angoras, so far a texture and length.  Her name was Berry.  I had to rehome her with a dear friend when my son and his baby daughter had to live with me for awhile.  The baby was SUPPOSED to be allergic to cats.  It broke my heart, but Cheryl gave her a home second to none.  I did want to commit some kind of mayhem when I found out two years later that the grandbaby was NOT allergic to cats, but to a certain detergent.  At that point, it would have been cruel to uproot Berry YET AGAIN.
I now offer anyone who pulls the I'm allergic a Benadryl.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

I now offer anyone who pulls the I'm allergic a Benadryl.
I do too, now.  Or, "well, it would be better to find another place, I have a cat, you know."  But when it's your son and a baby, and an emergency, sometimes you have to decide which part of  your heart to break.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jdwns12

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Mamanyt1953,

I'm sorry that you had to rehome your cat, Berry, several years ago but at least you gave her to a good friend who I'm sure is taking great care of her. You didn't know at the time that your granddaughter was allergic to the detergent and not the cat. How could you know? But you gave Berry a good home, and that's what really matters.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi Mamanyt1953,

I'm sorry that you had to rehome your cat, Berry, several years ago but at least you gave her to a good friend who I'm sure is taking great care of her. You didn't know at the time that your granddaughter was allergic to the detergent and not the cat. How could you know? But you gave Berry a good home, and that's what really matters.
Well, you do the best you know at the time, and, frankly, she went to a home that could afford to spoil her rotten, rather than stay with me, who could just do the basics.  I just still miss her.  I talk to her mama on a regular basis.  Berry is a grand dame of 16 now, and queen of her universe.