feral cat ownership laws?

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pocho, the last line of your post may very well explain the entire situation in your dealings with them......makes perfect sense.

There's alot to learn and it will come to them but only in time and with experience, unfortunately.

They have that 'gung-ho' attitude.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pocho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes I will just watch over for the cat's sake. I just drove past their other site9 about 3 miles away), the one I mentioned had the dead cat trapped in shelter, obviously drown...That was six days ago! I was surprised to see the shelter in the same position and place I left it after my discovering. So I got out to look. The 'caregiver' has been there, there is kibble at the feeding station but this person still hasnt noticed one of her/his cats is dead. I would say it is a mere 10 feet away from the feeding station. I went back and recorded it, took pictures. This caregiver works directly with the ttnr trapper group to the point she often answers emails through their facebook. 

I first thought about two openings for shelters only in regards to other animals now I realize the true danger if not weighted in bad weather. Can you imagine that cats death? I am also concerned about making ferals too dependent. It is because they came to rely on those shelters it died. And my colony was left out in the cold when they removed mine. What should we do about this situation? I found where they relocated my old shelters. They removed the weights? I wrote them about this several times even before I found the dead one. Now it is just damage control I am doing. I removed my shelters. They will see this as completely aggressive. What could I do?

I am thinking of posting the footage. I don't want to give TNR a bad name. I want this group to get their act together for the sake of the cats they took over. The ones I truly love that are now in their care.