FELV / FIV cat

delacruztaylor

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I took in a stray gray cat a year ago, this what happens when you leave food out. A well mannered fat cat stray started coming around. He had the greatest demeaner I've seen in a cat. Just such a people person. Well he wasn't fixed, so I took him to the vet and got him fixed and tested in JAN 2021. He came back as FELV & FIV positive. Well today he is leaving us, in only a short time less than a month he went from healthy to his death bed. FELV brought on anemia and more than likely some sort of cancer. Otis I love you, sorry we didn't get much time together.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Look at that sweet face. A picture of contentment and peace. Hold on to that. The amount of time does not matter, it matters what was done in that time.....It was enough to give him his world and for you to give him your heart.
He left you with a piece of his too, to bring you comfort and to try to dry your tears. The spot he occupies in your soul, and the one you occupy in his is spiritual. So eternal. The bond of love can never be taken from you, not even death is strong enough to break it. "Death cannot take that which never dies".
He had a horrible disease that is relentless. But you were there for him, for comfort and the care he needed. That means everything. Try to go forward into the future seeking life's beauty and live the way life is meant to be lived. live as you would have wanted him to go on if YOU were the first to go. He wants no less.
You opened your heart to him even though you knew eventually there would be pain. You gave him comfort, you helped him through this. You will be blessed for your kindness, but in reality, you already are. You received a cat's love......RIP dear Otis. You will always be remembered, you will always have a secure spot in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, sweet Otis. It was so good of you to take him in and make him part of your family. How wonderful that his year was filled with warmth and good food and so much love.

Rest in peace, sweet boy. :rbheart:

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
He was shown what it was to be loved and cared for in that short year, thank you for taking him in. And where he is now he is fine, just fine, and when you see him again one day he will thank you for taking him in.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:
I am so sorry that you lost that sweet boy, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took in a stray gray cat a year ago, this what happens when you leave food out. A well mannered fat cat stray started coming around. He had the greatest demeaner I've seen in a cat. Just such a people person. Well he wasn't fixed, so I took him to the vet and got him fixed and tested in JAN 2021. He came back as FELV & FIV positive. Well today he is leaving us, in only a short time less than a month he went from healthy to his death bed. FELV brought on anemia and more than likely some sort of cancer. Otis I love you, sorry we didn't get much time together.
he passed away knowing love!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Otis, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

What Otis knew of hearth, of home, of love, you gave him. Better to have that for a short time than to live longer without it. Now, Otis dwells in That Place Where All Things Are Known, and he whispers to Those Who Watch of your kindness to a stray with no hope. And you will be remembered.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh my, look at the handsome boy! He reminds me of Ginkun, in my banner below. Also a stray tom cat who tested positive for FIV, also a cat I sadly lost too soon.

Even being able to spend a little time in a warm loving home made the world of difference to Otis. Thank you so much for giving him that opportunity.

:hugs:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with everyone, Otis was a beautiful boy!
He spent his last year knowing how it is to have a loving and safe home, because of you.

Otis is now in an eternal field of grasses and blooms.

emelyssa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful boy!! I took in two young FIV+ ferals which I had tamed over many months, and they both passed away suddenly and recently after four happy years in our home. I wish I could have had more time, but I know they loved their lives while they were here.