Feeling kittens, mom producing milk. How long before delivery

Zayasrios

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I adopted 2 sister cats exactly 6 weeks ago. I left for a week long trip 1 week ago and when I came back I started noticing that she is pregnant. I've felt movement ever since, she lost hair around the nipples, the kittens are super active, and just now I stimulates her Mary glands and saw a tiny bit if clear liquid come out, just like a drop. I have a enclosed playpen with food, water and a litter box for her. I also lined it with trash bags and warm blankets. My question is, I know she is at least 6 weeks far in, but I feel a lot of movement and today she began to take naps under the bed (something she hasn't done since after a week of moving in), now I noticed the drop of clear liquid. I'm thinking she could be 7 or 8 weeks in... What do you guys think? Any advice? I will post a picture. Shes small but with a belly. I don't think she will have many kittens

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Zayasrios

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Stimulated her mammary glands*

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s hard to say. She could have a couple of weeks left. Just keep an eye on her.

Zayasrios

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Her mucus plug has begun to make it's way out now! Kittens are still super active. She went into the nest for about 30 minutes and is resting at her tower now

Zayasrios

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
At about 7:30am (3 hours after her mucus plug started to show) she seemed very uncomfortable, crying, tossing and turning. Then 30 minutes ago (3 hours after that) I looked for the mucus plug and she didn't have it coming out. I didn't find it anywhere and there's no fluids

Zayasrios

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Somehow she looks less pregnant, and I can see and feel big bumps for the kittens. I can feel that they're much lower than before

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She probably ate whatever came out. Cats tend to do that. It also sounds like the kittens have dropped lower down in or near the birth canal, in preparation for labor and delivery. It could be anytime now or even a few days, as the mucus plug can come out up to a week before she delivers. It’s usually 2-3 days though.

Zayasrios

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
IMG_20200314_064833.jpg
Is this what the mucus plug looks like? Is kinda a little hard, not discharge-ish texture. I took this photo a few hrs before it disappeared

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s usually yellowish and/or greenish and is more like a plug of tissue from inside her. That picture does not look like a mucus plug.

Zayasrios

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Should I be concerned? That showed 12 hrs ago and disappeared
It’s usually yellowish and/or greenish and is more like a plug of tissue from inside her. That picture does not look like a mucus plug.

Zayasrios

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I saw that followed by a tiny bit of white discharge 39 hours ago. Ever since she keeps changing places to sleep and is breathing a bit fast. About 40 bpm. Theres no more signs of labor