Favorite Snack That No One Else Likes

niktemadur

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pan-fried grasshopper tacos, with a bit of cilantro, onion, lemon and spicy green sauce. That's right, grasshoppers, whole. There's about twenty five of them in each taco. It's a delicacy from central Mexico, sold in only one place in my town. My friends make faces when I tell them what I had for lunch. Personally, I think they're super tasty, like a prairie version of unpeeled fried shrimp, and it's been proven they're way up there on the nutrition scale.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nekomimi

I like egg whites with red wine vinegar and sea salt on top
That sounds... very unique.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have enegy drinks for breakfast!

Since i been back at my parents, getting used to the two - three course meal my mum makes, and i always eat part of my desert mixed with my dinner... my dad finds it gross!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

i have enegy drinks for breakfast!

Since i been back at my parents, getting used to the two - three course meal my mum makes, and i always eat part of my desert mixed with my dinner... my dad finds it gross!
We won't know how gross it is until you tell us what it is.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by niktemadur

Pan-fried grasshopper tacos, with a bit of cilantro, onion, lemon and spicy green sauce. That's right, grasshoppers, whole. There's about twenty five of them in each taco. It's a delicacy from central Mexico, sold in only one place in my town. My friends make faces when I tell them what I had for lunch. Personally, I think they're super tasty, like a prairie version of unpeeled fried shrimp, and it's been proven they're way up there on the nutrition scale.
Yeah I read that about them being a good source of protein. And they're so much cheaper and easier on the environment to produce than more traditional meat sources.
Ummm, enjoy!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by niktemadur

I'm sorry, but...EW!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like raw beef and onions with salt and pepper on rye bread....everyone says it's dangerous to eat it, but I've eaten it all my life and I'm not...wait, maybe that explains it!

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with sharp cheddar cheese... and bacon with apple pie... and *blush* I like fries with milkshakes too.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
breaded & deep fried dill pickle slices...actually, i've yet to try anything made like this that isn't good...

jdpesz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Roma tomatoes, sliced and sprinkled with onion salt, or I may just eat them whole.
I also love any kind of canned seafood except oysters.
And Chili Cheese Fritos are Awesome.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

I like raw beef and onions with salt and pepper on rye bread....everyone says it's dangerous to eat it, but I've eaten it all my life and I'm not...wait, maybe that explains it!
its german
Its called Met brötchen I LIKE IT TOO!! it has to be fresh though! and mostly its sold as pork meat though but its pretty much the only meat that i would eat

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cannot think of anything that qualifies as particularly weird, so I'll opt for something a friend eats - raw hamburger meat.

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK big time wierdo here LOL :

Un-cooked spagetti noodles
raw hot dogs ( I hate BBQ)
raw potatoes
un-cooked spagetti-o's
( my fav wierdo snack!)
rice krispies and vanilla ice cream
butter (plain)
raw broccoli

and I am the only person I know that likes the snowball cakes from hostess, with the coconut marshmallow on the outside, and chocolate cake on the inside Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Deb25

I cannot think of anything that qualifies as particularly weird, so I'll opt for something a friend eats - raw hamburger meat.
Your friend wins for today.
Originally Posted by chichismom

OK big time wierdo here LOL :

Un-cooked spagetti noodles
raw hot dogs ( I hate BBQ)
raw potatoes
un-cooked spagetti-o's
( my fav wierdo snack!)
rice krispies and vanilla ice cream
butter (plain)
raw broccoli

and I am the only person I know that likes the snowball cakes from hostess, with the coconut marshmallow on the outside, and chocolate cake on the inside Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
You're the runner up.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Deb25

At least I eat mine on bread!