Favorite Litter Box Type?

yasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We use the standard square hooded box...its been okay but she is getting bigger in certain areas **coughs** her belly is expanding **coughs** sooo since i'm moving into a bigger place i've been looking at the booda dome clean step. It looks pretty cool and alot bigger...

j171978

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have the covered one and we only have one for two cats and it works out just fine. We scoop it about every other day then about every two weeks we throw out all the old littler and put a new bag and new litter in it.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 5 or 6 boxes two of which are covered and I am in the process of switching to all large, deep, covered litterboxes because my cats are too lazy to squat their little butts into the box and they always get a little bit of pee dribbling down the side of the box onto the floor or one piece of poo on the floor and I am getting pretty tired of it.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dexter is 15 lbs. of solid cat. He scratches & tosses litter with great enthusiasm, before he assumes the pose.
When he is done...you would think that he was working to build something...litter flys everywhere.

No "cat box" is large enough to contain his litter storms.
I buy plastic storage boxes & toss the lid. They are a little longer, wider & higer than the largest cat box.
They are not expensive, clean easily & Big Dex can toss litter to his hearts content.
His sister Sadie...is a dainty little girl. She gets in...does her stuff & is out.
I think that it might be a male thing...like a human male leaving a toilet seat up.

Sorry guys...I couldn't resist the reference.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
We had hooded ones until we got our kitten, Lucy. She has a preference of peeing up the side of the box. The higher the box, the higher she would pee. So it would leak between the pan and the hood. Then we just removed the hood and she continued to pee up the side and over. Now that we have just standard ones, she pees in the corner but isn't doing it over the side as often.

We also ended up getting a gardening trowel to get the clumps out of the corners.

hobbester

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hobbes uses the tidycats one too!
My friends commented that it looked like a space capsule lol. And i like the fact that the color matches our bathroom color too.

The only thing i don't like about it is that the hood doesn't open all the way back. But overall i think it's a great litter box. Not much tracking either.

ccsr79

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hobbester

Hobbes uses the tidycats one too!
My friends commented that it looked like a space capsule lol. And i like the fact that the color matches our bathroom color too.
Can you believe it matches my bathroom color too! I have light blue walls and navy blue rugs, and the Tidy Cats box fits right in!

mrod1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mine is hooded, I tried others, but it keeps the smell in. I clean mine twice a day, but since my bathroom has no window, and my cat does not like to cover his business it can get smelly, even if you clean it a lot. The covered one just reduces the smell a little, and keeps all the litter in. My cat likes it too since he won't go to the bathroom if someone is watching him, so it gives him privacy.Mine too matches my bathroom. It is off white and blue, same as my bathroom

xomycatsxo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a litter robot (www.litter-robot.com) - it retails for like $300 but it's the best -totally top of the line and kicks butt. =) It's a big dome that automatically cycles about 7 min's after the cat leaves. It has some patented technology which dumps everything into a bucket below. I love it. I also have several litter boxes that I have to take the tops off of because I noticed the ones that did have covered were hardly used. Once I took them off, they used it like crazy. I have 8 indoor cats.