Family Photos

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We've been talking about doing a family photo shoot for years and haven't gotten around to it. The last time we had it done was when Jennifer as about 6 years old and she's now 29.

For our Birthdays, Jennifer paid to have our photos done today, complete with Mika and Bijou. The lady we went to used to do the pictures for the local humane society so seemed like a perfect choice to Jennifer.

We went to her house with the kitties and it was fantastic. She couldn't believe what a big boy Bijou was for a Siamese and, of course, he was his usual charming self and made another new friend.
Mika was good also but a little bit of a diva as usual. I can't wait to see the photos.

Do any of you do family photos, especially for the holidays and your Christmas cards?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what a lovely gift from your daughter

We had a few family photos growing up, none for about 20 years now.

My cats are on my Xmas cards (meowy catmas)
we never did personalized cards growing up, didn't receive any either.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, It will be nice to see photos like that for sure.

We have never got them done for as long as I can remember.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
My grandfather was a professional photographer so we had portraits done for my first 10 years until he retired. After that we didn't have anything done until this year when DH and I had portraits done for Mother's day (it was a request from my mother).

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH and I had pictures done together probably 5 years ago now. I'm sure next year we will be doing them! I may see about doing some of myself at least this year; but as pregnancy photos more than holiday ones. Still thinking on that one.

It sounds like you will have some great pictures!! I love that the kitties are included!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds lovely, Linda.

We never had family photos done. There are assorted individual portraits at various stages, but nothing formal as a family.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We never did that growing up, but most other people we knew didn't either.
My sister has done that now for the past few years with her and the kids, and I do really enjoy getting those cards. There's such a difference with the professional shots!
DH and I tried doing joke ones last year, but never got around to making cards!

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our one and only family photo was taken when Greyson was 2. He is now almost 11. lol We can't afford to get them done ourselves, and even though I'm a rookie photographer I don't have a remote so I HAVE to be behind the camera. I've got TONS of pictures of my son. lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kara_leigh

Our one and only family photo was taken when Greyson was 2. He is now almost 11. lol We can't afford to get them done ourselves, and even though I'm a rookie photographer I don't have a remote so I HAVE to be behind the camera. I've got TONS of pictures of my son. lol
Phone around. With digital cameras these days it is less expensive. Our daughter phoned around and the cost to have us and the cats done was $75. My brother was with us as we were going out to dinner right afterwards so rather than come home and then drive back in that direction he came along. At the end of the photo shoot she asked if I wanted to have a couple done with my brother. She took a few nice shots. Of course, we will have to choose the ones we want from the disk and have them enlarged and framed ourselves but that's not so bad and can be done fairly inexpensively.

oodlesofpoodles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have only been in two family photos in my life. One with my family when i was 11 (I hated that picture...hahaha) And then again this past summer with my fiance's family. I cant tell you how touched i was to be invited into this photo since my family doesnt do such things often...and they asked me to be a part of it before even meeting me. It was nice.

The picture makes me giggle a little though. My dark curly hair, dark eyes and olive complexion really stand out among the lighter haired blue eyed bunch. I told my MIL to be that it looked obvious to me that i was marrying in.

It was soooo much fun and even though i tend to hate picture with me in them i was quite pleased with this one. Everyone looked wonderful and it made me feel very good to be included into the family.

rahma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My mom used to have professional pictures of us 3 kids when I was younger, but since I've gotten older, I've just had a single picture taken with the husband. One of my motivational prizes when (if) I lose weight is a family portrait with the husband and the Squeaky

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's wonderful Linda! I'd love to see the pictures next time we have a meeting

This year we had family photos done for Ava's first Christmas. We're planning on doing it every year. I wish our cats could be in the pictures but they aren't that friendly.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

That's wonderful Linda! I'd love to see the pictures next time we have a meeting

This year we had family photos done for Ava's first Christmas. We're planning on doing it every year. I wish our cats could be in the pictures but they aren't that friendly.
Some of them can come to your home, its generally better for the pets - we had a volunteer at the shelter who did in home photography but he moved for school

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Some of them can come to your home, its generally better for the pets - we had a volunteer at the shelter who did in home photography but he moved for school
This lady would also do in-home photography - it just costs a bit extra for her to tote all her stuff to your house and set up.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I gave my parents a professional photo shoot for their 90th birthdays a few years ago. The photographer came tot heir home and took a series of shots, from which we chose one as the 'official' birthday photo. I am so glad I did it as it was one of the last occasions when my father was able to understand and take part in something like that.