Facebook refuses to remove video of kitten being set on fire. Please sign petition.

wasabipea

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Probably smart to stay away, the whole thing is so horribly upsetting and getting nowhere makes it even worse.

Hopefully karmic action will be swift and severe.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I just tried looking for the video on Facebook not to watch it, no way would I want to do that ! But to see if it was still there.

This below is what it says when I try to view

This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

So, I don't know if it's been removed or what ?

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Hi Anne Please take action if you can as surely the daily mail newspaper would not report on something and show images of something that isn't true,They quote that even after 14,000 complaints facebook refuse to remove.Could you Try emailing Facebook at [email protected] ?

Very odd, but I'm pretty sure if it got on Facebook it would have been removed by now, they dont want a fuss.  There WAS a video that started to play on my friend's phone (they play automatically, she can't stop that) so she quickly scrolled down below it so as not to see it.  I have no doubt someone did this, there are evil people out there. and when I first googled it there were several OTHERs as well listed, not necessarily on facebook.  I was horrified and got out of there.  I'm staying away from the whole issue now.  Let's hope the Buddha was right and it's really ALL ILLUSION (all this life we know) to teach our souls lessons. 
I just tried looking for the video on Facebook not to watch it, no way would I want to do that ! But to see if it was still there.

This below is what it says when I try to view

This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

So, I don't know if it's been removed or what ?
Yes, Gema, that means it has been removed.

Just to clarify, I'm afraid I had no reason to doubt that the video is for real 
 There are horrible cases of animal cruelty out there and it's definitely possible for the perpetrators to shoot a video of their crimes and post it to Youtube or Facebook. What I doubt it that Facebook (or Youtube for that matter) would refuse to remove such a clip. They're very quick with removing such content and it is against their TOS.

That's where I doubt the Daily Mail. I believe someone told the reporter about it, but that reporter didn't do a very good job fact checking the story. It's easy to see by the comparison they made to the story of an amputee who was told to remove a picture of his amputated leg. A bogus story, according to Snopes.com. Since they mentioned one bogus story as fact, they lost credibility there, and I would need to see this (the claim that Facebook is refusing to remove such a video) confirmed elsewhere.

Facebook, Youtube and Google in general can be extremely difficult to contact. Tried and tested. When they do reply, it's almost always a canned reply pointing you at their TOS. They have quite an effective mechanism for reporting abusive content and I know they're actually fairly quick to take it off. Hence, I believe such a clip was in fact shot but the rest of the story, about Facebook not taking it off, is not true.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

hollyberry2010

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi i am not on facebook but i have emailed them and this is the response below i have recieved can you help ? I need to know if this horrific video has been removed  ? Would you be so kind as to check and click on link .kind regards Wendy ( Hollyberry2010 )
Code:
Hi,Thanks for contacting Facebook. We’d be happy to investigate this further, but we need help locating the exact content you're reporting first. If you're blocked from viewing the content you want to report, please ask a friend to help you provide the following information:  - Web address (URL) of the the exact content you want to report (ex: www.facebook.com/posts/username/permalink/1245367/). This URL can be generated by clicking the date or time link in the post or comment. - The time and date the content was posted.- Web address (URL) of the Facebook profile of the person who created the post.  If you're unable to provide the information requested above, please attach a screenshot of the content with you want to report with the date, time and name of the person who posted it clearly shown. We will not be able to review screenshot reports unless they include this info.Once we're able to locate the reported material, we'll review it and take appropriate action. Please rest assured that these reports will be kept confidential. Thanks,KyraCommunity OperationsFacebook

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

Hi i am not on facebook but i have emailed them and this is the response below i have recieved can you help ? I need to know if this horrific video has been removed  ? Would you be so kind as to check and click on link .kind regards Wendy ( Hollyberry2010 )
Code:
Hi,Thanks for contacting Facebook. We’d be happy to investigate this further, but we need help locating the exact content you're reporting first. If you're blocked from viewing the content you want to report, please ask a friend to help you provide the following information:  - Web address (URL) of the the exact content you want to report (ex: www.facebook.com/posts/username/permalink/1245367/). This URL can be generated by clicking the date or time link in the post or comment. - The time and date the content was posted.- Web address (URL) of the Facebook profile of the person who created the post.  If you're unable to provide the information requested above, please attach a screenshot of the content with you want to report with the date, time and name of the person who posted it clearly shown. We will not be able to review screenshot reports unless they include this info.Once we're able to locate the reported material, we'll review it and take appropriate action. Please rest assured that these reports will be kept confidential. Thanks,KyraCommunity OperationsFacebook