Extremely Anxious About Cats Illness

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dds35day

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you. The fish flavored liquid came and she allowed me to give it to her. The bacon flavored paste should arrive today
It would be better if she will eat that because she may Dec she doesn't want me to give her the liquid. Thank you very much

dds35day

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can't thank you enough. She did take the liquid and the paste will be here soon. I have been a mess and bothered everyone. I love her so much and the medicine saved her so I was frantic. Thank you

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have been a mess and bothered everyone. I love her so much and the medicine saved her so I was frantic.
I promise, you didn't bother us one bit, and I'm SO happy that she's accepting the meds!!

I'm very glad we were able to be here for you. I think you figured a lot of this out on your own, and you're absolutely doing a fantastic job for your baby!!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you both. Let us know how things go :vibes::heartshape:

dds35day

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I would never have known about things like the paste and how to do this. I think I drive kitty nuts
Thank you very much.
Dayna

dds35day

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you very much. I am not handling this very well and am very grateful for the help and kindness.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get cat Pill Pockets and tear a tiny piece off to 'paste' a broken pill to a piece of bacon, they never get tired of bacon! I have also mashed/hid a pill in a tiny piece of cheese too. don't give up on her special treats too, they forget they don't like them after a while. I had one cat that was absolutely impossible to pill. everyone ended up bloody. The vet showed me to grab him by teh loose skin on the back of his neck and hoist his front feet (NOT the back too) off the ground, they instantly quiet. Then liquid can be put by dropper into their cheek. It was the ONLY way we could give him medicine. It got so routine that the minute I put my hand on the back of his neck he would quiet, I didn't even have to lift him up!

dds35day

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I received the flavored flagyl liquid yesterday and was able to get it in her. She may decide to fight this but I am much bigger and I love her a lot. The bacon flavored paste should be here today. I hope she likes it. I was terrified about not being able to pi

dds35day

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Now she hates the flagyl liquid and runs away like I hurt her. the bacon paste should arrive today. I found a pharmacy that makes gel you rub on her ears. My vet said they are dubious about the gel because they don't know how much is absorbed. Has anyone used transdermal medicine? I feel horrible sneaking up on her and squirting the nasty.medicine. she is starting to look at with fear which she never has in 16 years and is killing me.

dds35day

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you

Twylasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have used transdermal before. They are a good option for the impossible to pill cat. I have used them for hyperthyroid and high blood pressure issues. It is true that the dose may not be as precise, but if it allows you to deliver the medicine regularly and on a schedule it is a good option. For medicines that cause stomach issues transdermals also have the benefit of bypassing the gastrointestinal tract.

dds35day

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I love her so much. Yesterday I gave her the liwliq. Most of it went on the outside of her mouth and for the rest of the day she was skittish and afraid. Broke my heart.will.try everything again today. May have to order transdermal gel next week. She may not let me fool with her ears. I wish she understood sh walked away from the bacon flavored paste.yikes

Twylasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Get her used to you rubbing her ears ahead of time. Pet her and reward her with a treat and sweet talk. It can be an almost pleasant experience for them. If you do get the transdermal gel you will need to get finger cots or latex gloves for you so that you don't absorb the medicine.

dds35day

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I will rub her ears
Thank you for your help.

dds35day

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good news. Today she decided she likes her hair ball paste again and gobbled down her pill. This morning I ask cut her a.m. dose up and tossed down her.throat.
Thank goodness for small victories. Thank you very much for being so kind.