Evo

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by whiteforest

As I said before, I got a bag of Taste of the Wild for my cats. It's been about 3 days and they're eating fine and, more importantly, their diarrhea has cleared right up!
That's what I switched to after my cats didn't like Evo. No runny poo, just not interested in eating it. They ripped apart the Taste of the Wild bag before the food they had in the bowl was empty lmao. I think they approve and I think it smells better than the Evo.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats have the runs and stinky poo/gas on Evo dry. I had to stop feeding it. However, they don't get the same effects on the wet. It's weird though, because your cats didn't previously have trouble with it.

artgecko

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got my two bags of EVO in the mail today and opened the first...They ate it fine and so far no throwing up...I'm not opening the second bag yet though. I'm going to wait to open the taste of the wild until they are on the last bag of EVO (so I can transition them to it if they like it).

Art

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
this is just the dry right?

I buy the Evo canned and alfalfa is not in mine...

bitsybetsy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This was a great conversation to stumble upon. I've been thinking of changing my cat food and one of the foods I was looking at is Taste of the Wild. It sounds like a lot of you like it and find it a good fit for your cats. What made you choose it?

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BitsyBetsy

This was a great conversation to stumble upon. I've been thinking of changing my cat food and one of the foods I was looking at is Taste of the Wild. It sounds like a lot of you like it and find it a good fit for your cats. What made you choose it?
Well one of the big thing was the price. And the availability at a pet supply store near my house. Any other grain free cat foods I have to go to a store 15 miles away to get at a health food store. I also prefer some sort of fish in the formula to improve their coats. The fact that my cat LOVE it is a thing to keep me going back for more.

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How disappointing! My cats have had some gastric distress lately and I have been looking everywhere but the food. But everything makes sense now. I sent a letter to Inova Evo stating my disappointment. Back to the pet store for a new recommendation.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's the only grain free I haven't tried before. It isn't as high in protein as EVO so it isn't my first choice as a replacement but my cats won't eat the other high protein grain frees (Orijen, Core, Raw Instinct). My cats aren't crazy about it but so far they are eating it if it is mixed with Pinnacle (the other grain free I feed).

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I originally bought it because it was the only kibble I could find that was high in protein, grain free, by-product free with added probiotic and raw bio- coating.
The price is awesome too.

bitsybetsy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by saya

I originally bought it because it was the only kibble I could find that was high in protein, grain free, by-product free with added probiotic and raw bio- coating.
The price is awesome too.
The price really is great. Their website links to Pet Food Direct that sells a 15lb bag for $23.29. That's not much more than what I pay now and I'm not feeding a premium brand of food. It also looks like they have a 5% off coupon too on top of that. Can't beat that.