Enucleated eye problems

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Outside means on the screened-in back porch.  I would NEVER let any of them out into the wild.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just a short update.  Her eye seems to have healed completely and shows no sign of infection or discharge.  I know she is feeling better, because I saw her ankle-mug Sheba a couple of days ago.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is her inability to see anything on her right side causing any problems?
Not really.  She hasn't been able to see out that eye properly for 6 months or so.  She was starting to get cataracts in that eye.  This was all caused by Feline Herpes.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
HI! I just got caught up on this thread and I am really, really happy for you and for your dear, sweet Silly that she is doing SOOO much better now. :happy3: :clap::clap: What an ordeal and difficult process it was for you and Silly - but you made it through! Gives me hope. I honestly never knew that the Herpes virus could attack an eye so cruelly on a cat. My Perla has been dealing with a herpetic eye on and off for almost a year. The battle continues and I am trying anything I can so that we won't have to go down the same road as you and Silly. Your thread give others who have cats with the same problem encouragement and hope. I am just glad all is well with Silly and hope she continues to recover and be pain free now. :rub: :hugs: :clap: :vibes:

Last edited:

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I first noticed the eye problem 7 years ago, so it isn't like it was a surprise. Just Keep aware of the condition of Perla's eye and see the vet when it starts to flare up.  Spice is "helping" me write this.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Newest picture of Silly taken about 30 minutes ago.

she has put the weight back on that she lost and is back to her normal? self.  Thank all of you for the support and encouragement in these difficult two months.

4catsncounting

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So in another thread, Idoxuridine was mentioned as being very helpful in clearing up herpes of the eye, or at least calming flare-ups.

Any other testimonials about this anti-viral?