Enucleated eye problems

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yep, she has spent most of her time draped across me or sprawled out next to me.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
"A purr concerto"
Aw, your baby is home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lilsten to Yo-Yo Ma playing the Bach cello music and then try to tell me you don't feel the vibarations of a cat purring.

emilymaywilcha

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Silly spent some time outside, came back in, jumped up on the bed and proceeded to give me some mutual head butts, eyebrow lickies, face swipes and a purr concerto. Spice jumped out of the window and gave her a full body rub as she went by. I saw Silly this morning giving out a few gentle swats to ones who got too close to her blind side. Gina had to cut the whiskers on Silly's right side to keep them out of the surgical and healing area.

I really missed my Tilly Twit.
She must be able to see to her right a little bit if she knows her buddies are coming too close to her, which is good.

Are her whiskers just little stubbles now?

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, the right side whiskers are just stubbies, the left ones are full length.  There is no way she can see to the right, but she can sure hear.  She was laying beside me and Sugar came up too close to her right side....Silly gave her a double right cross/left hook combo that Ali would have been proud of.  Sugar jumped off the bed and casually started snooching at something on the floor.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They do, but when something approaches or happens on the side of the blind eye, the good eye doesn't necessarily see it, even with peripheral vision. The eye is close to the side of the head, so "peripheral" works for stuff on that side, not the other. Flowerbelle is deaf, too, so her hearing doesn't compensate. :lol3:

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, but doesn't matter. She doesn't freak or anything. She's not hissy with the other kitties. It's more of an issue when it comes to playing with things. :) She's been deaf from such a young age, she's one of those "fearless" deaf kitties. It's only older kitties that loose their hearing that freak about the silence and things "sneaking up" on them. Kitties that were born deaf or loose their hearing very young are typically quite fearless, because they're used to the silence, so that doesn't bother them, and loud sounds and things like vacuum cleaners don't phase them. :lol3:

Last edited:

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Silly goes in this morning to see if the last stitches can be taken out.  I really hope so, it has been a long 7 weeks for her including a week away at the vet's place.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No more stitches.
  When i got there, the receptionist went in the back and told the vet (not Gina, the owner but a partner?)  that I was there,  and I hear "Oh, God" from the back.  I almost walked out right there.  When the vet came out to get me,  I told her "I heard what was said and you are about to lose a customer"  She told me that the person that made the comment was not an employee and she and the receptionist and the assistant all jumped on the woman making the comment.

After she took the stitches out, I once again said that other customers have no right to say things like that..  I saw the woman that made the comment as I was leaving and I know her.  She is a cat hater and is generally unpleasant.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, it is her loss and if I go back to the vet and she is there, I will leave forever.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stitchless Silly

She has had so many pictures taken of her recently the only way I can catch her to take one is asleep.

emilymaywilcha

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finally Silly is a happy girl now! But why would she hate having her pictures taken now when she can't even see on her right side anymore?

I would love to know why a cat hater would go to a veterinary hospital and make a nasty comment like that. If she does not like cats, she can just keep her stupid mouth shut.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think she is monitoring what I am saying about her.  She is lying in front of the keyboard with her head on my arm.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is just being her naturally loving self.  I closed the back door and she hasn't remembered how to get in and out of the catflap, so she has to be up against me.