Enterprise - season 2!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to say I am really enjoying this season. I loved the battle on the ship. It is great how they are carrying a storyline from week to week. I felt that they were missing that last year. I have a feeling that Rajin will be back in a future episode.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is no one talking Enterprise with me?

Didn't you find the Vulcans like very bad zombies from B-movies? That was just so sad, but T'Pol had an amazing part last night. Jolene Blablock is really developing as an actress!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ady:

I FINALLY saw an episode this season! And I thought it was great. The action and the acting.

tncatfancier

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have been an avid Trek fan since the beginnings of TOS. (Yeah, I am old.) I have all of Trekdom on video, including the movies. I loved all of it through DS9 and even stood still for Voyager.......Trek's "Lost In Space", but I can not warm to Enterprise. I think it is because they have gone BACKWARDS in Trek lore but it is especially because they have fouled the Trek time line that it's predecessors were so careful not to tarnish. I still do not understand why they did not go ito the future with this series!! As ratings sagged they dragged in alien races....most notibly the Borg....who were not even heard of until the time of Picard's Enterprise!! Having T'Pol take off her shirt and adding more action will not save this series. I still watch but I don't like it. I think the producers and writers of this Trek series have done something no other Trek series before them were able to do.......kill off Star Trek!! I am sorry if this offends any of you, but I really think if they had just changed the setting to the future, then the series could have been a hit. Trekkers want to go forward not back, and the Trek time line would not have been violated because the future is open to anything.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a lifelong Trek fan, like you, and I can agree with much of what you said. It bugs me too that the Trek timeline has been polluted. I watch it because I would watch just about anything Trek. Some of the episodes are good, but I don't really consider the show 'purist-Trek'. I guess the thing that attracts me to it the most is that it is not to far off in the future....like maybe some real space travel is not too far off for us. Right now, it seems as if our space program is in the can, and too many don't see the importance of pursuing it the way I do.

tncatfancier

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I also think the Enterprise cast, as a whole, is much better than the cast of Voyager. It was exciting having a woman captain on Voyager but the writers didn't seem to be able to stablize her character. They just weren't sure how to write her and it showed. Archer is a much stronger and much more likeable captain. And I think, had they taken this cast and pushed them into the future instead of the past, they would have thrived. I hope Enterprise runs at least five years, but I wouldn't put any money on it. I also hope this isn't the last of the Trek series.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I really enjoyed Voyager. I liked the cast and the storyline. I didn't care for their inclusion of Q in several episodes.....he was a TNG thing, IMO.

DS9 was the show that got on my nerves for awhile. There was a point where I stopped watching, and when I tried to pick back up, the episodes had become very connected, so that you couldn't keep up with what was going on if you missed some. But, in the end, I got back into it and got reacclimated. I really loved Worf and Jadzia. It was sad when she decided to leave the show and had to be killed off. I did NOT like Ezri Dax. To me, she did not fit in. And I was always a little
on the Kira/Odo thing. I did end up having quite an attachment for some of the supporting players..... Quark's brother, Rom, for one.

tncatfancier

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
TNG and DS9 were my favorite two Trek series. You're right about DS9, it did start off slowly and didn't pick up speed until about season 3. After that there was a running story line about the Dominion that was almost like a serial and you did have to keep up. I've got DS9 on tape and am presently watching it again in order. I'm picking up on a few things I missed before.

If I were creating a Star Trek Series I would put it in the future about 100 years after Voyager. I like the idea of a Federation Space Station in Deep Space and a ship assigned to it. DS9 was built by the Cardassians so it was always dark and gloomy. I would like to see a bright and airy station built by the Federation with a civilian side and a Starfleet side and a Starfleet starship for missions. They could have other ships dock and use the starship for away missions. They'd have a lot of fodder for stories that way. Now why don't they hire me to create the next Trek series?

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like that idea! You got Rick Berman's address?

tncatfancier

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
See, now there's the difference too! People use to MAKE time to watch the old Trek series. Now people record Enterprise and never get around to watching it. There's no passion for Trek any more.

No, I don't have Rick Berman's address and it wouldn't matter much anyway. The idea of Enterprise was not to appease old Trek fans like me but to generate a new group of fans for a new generation of Trekkers. Unfortunately, it's alienating some of the old time Trekkers and not hooking many new fans.

spideycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Don't remember if anybody noted this but enterprise is in it's third season.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by spideycat
Don't remember if anybody noted this but enterprise is in it's third season.
I know - but we started using last seasons thread for some unknown reason!

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't comment on last weeks episode because, well, I didn't really like it. But I did like the zombie makeup-it reminded me of Evil Ash from Evil Dead II.

I really liked this weeks episode. Hoshi's character is underutilized and I'm not sure the actress has a good grasp of the character. But I think she did very well in this episode. And I was trying to decide if the story was going to become a Blackbeard story ("Don't open that door!") or a Beauty and the Beast story. Hmm, there seems to be some kind of Halloweenish theme in the last two episodes.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I find Hoshi a little wishywashy, but I enjoyed last night's episode. Maybe she has telepathic powers soon to be discovered as she was able to communicate with worm head (as I call him) and use his crystal.

tncatfancier

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hoshi's character has really grown since season one. I was pretty disgusted with her character the first season. Every time any thing happened she'd scream and melt into a puddle of goo. haha I'm hoping that they continue to develop her into a very strong, reliable crew member.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like tonight's episode may be a repeat due to the world series.

tulip2454

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really love the Enterprise series - a bit shaky to start with but then what show isnt when its finding its feet etc. I have heard or read or something that the US network (is that right) who produce this are not going to renew. anyone know anything about this. maybe it is just that the channel who buy it for UK is not going to renew.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haven't heard that but now I will keep my eyes and ears open for any news!