Emergency vet visit for Rosie

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Susan, What a scare for you
. I am so glad for you and Rosie that she will be alright. She will just need to stay quiet for a few days
. Glad it was nothing serious

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

.... I suppose that's one good thing about cats, the amount of sleep they do, so her tail should get some recovery time that way
This is so true!!!

Sending vibes for sweet Rosie that she recovers quickly. I'm so glad you got her into the vet's quickly.....it's so worrisome when we don't know what's wrong.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The poor baby was on my bed when I got home. She was sitting up and seemed pleased to see me?. It seems to be when she jumps down that its more painful, so Ive put their old tree at the bottom of my bed, that way she can come down in tiers.

Their litterboxes are large storage boxes with high sides, so I've unclipped the top off one of their carriers and filled the bottom with litter so she can just walk into it.

Her poor tail must be more painful after the vet had a good feel of it, and Jack is staying by her side

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Susan, I'm so sorry Rosie's in pain, but thank goodness it's something that can heal with rest and anti-inflammatories and isn't more serious.
Of course that doesn't mean we fret any less - seeing our kitties in pain or just not right is something that is scary to all of us.

I'm sure the things you've done for her will really help, and how sweet of Jack!

for Rosie to heal up right quick!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I feel sick Laurie. She couldn't get comfortable on the sofa so jumped down and cried out in pain. I've tried to get her to go in their bed here in the livingroom but she just wants to curl up on my bed so I'm just leaving her there because she's comfortable and still. I've took her litterbox in and put a bowl of kibbles and water on the bed as well so she doesn't have to walk far.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She has the best nurse of all Susan. Try to not to fret as it will just make her anxious and she needs to be stress-free. So do you.
Their tail is part of everything they do. It is like a rudder, it raises slightly when they jump, it drops as they walk- it raises when they pee or poop. Like a gymnist, it is their balancing pole. Will she tolerate having it iced? You can use a package of frozen peas and just set it gently on her when she is at rest to see if she will tolerate it. They usually can only tolerate this for about five minutes before moving off.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Susan, I know that feeling in the pit of my stomach all too well. We're going through it right now with Tuxie, only that additionally gives me heart palpitations from time-to-time (literally, I have a heart murmur and it's been going crazy).

I never thought about it, but of course MA's right.

At least Rosie's settled. And she does have a wonderful nurse.
That you would put a litter box on your bed or her - Susan, that just says it all, because I can imagine how difficult that must be for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (OK, weak attempt at making you smile).

I do kind of know what she's going through. I cracked my tailbone as a kid, and it was impossible for WEEKS to get comfortable. I had to stand in the back of the classroom because I couldn't sit (yeah, that was fun). Moving at all hurt, sitting was near impossible, and getting to sleep was sooooo uncomfortable - and then hopefully I wouldn't move around in my sleep, or I'd wake myself up in pain.

More headed her way!

Susan - did they give her anything for the pain specifically? Or they don't want her not in pain so it'll force her to rest?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've just tried resting a small bag of frozen sweetcorn against the bottom of her back and tail and she stood up straight away
As far as I know its just the anti inflammatory shot she was given?, and he said to keep her from jumping where possible.

And yes Laurie, me the houseproud queen with a litterbox on my bed LOL. Only you cat lovers would understand why I've done it though.Good job its a king size bed as well LOL

I've just plugged in an led light because I don't want her lying in the dark either with me downstairs, but ill go to bed earlier tonight to read so she has us all with her

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww....sweet Rosie! I hope you feel better soon beautiful girl.

Susan, if she doesn't seem like she's improving after the weekend, it might not be a bad idea to have the area x-rayed to see if she does, indeed, have a small fracture.

Sending prayers for a speedy recovery.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

Susan, if she doesn't seem like she's improving after the weekend, it might not be a bad idea to have the area x-rayed to see if she does, indeed, have a small fracture.
The vet said if she hasn't improved by Tues/Wed to take her back, but i'll see what Monday brings?. He said they can't really bandage a tail up if it has got a hairline fracture at the base, but he didn't think she had?.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, what a sweet, sweet picture!! Poor baby! Tell her everyone here is pulling for her.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lots and lots of "feel better" for our Rosie girl -- and some "stay calm" ones for Mum, too.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Susan.

I will be holding you both near my heart until this is resolved.
Rosie and Susan.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Goodness!..
poor rosie!...

Of course count with my prayers & good vibes for her soon recovery & for do not make it necesary a surgery!.......

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rosie is so lucky to have such a good nurse Susan

Praying for her! She holds a special place in many people's hearts here at TCS....mine included

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, when Chumley sprained his paw, the vet talked to me about whether or not to give him pain meds. She hates to see an animal in pain...but didn't want him jumping around using it because he wasn't feeling the pain.

More for poor Rosie!

...and if is fractured, I don't think there's anything they can do. I know it was a long time ago for me, but the only option then was to give it time and let it heal on its own.