Emergency pls help

Dino123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat gave birth to 4kittens they're 1 week old. She went out of the house and it's been 4hrs now. It's really late at night. I don't know what to do! Pls please help

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat gave birth to 4kittens they're 1 week old. She went out of the house and it's been 4hrs now. It's really late at night. I don't know what to do! Pls please help
I don't know what you are looking for in the way of help, D Dino123 , but hoping others will be able to help you. Please spay/neuter your cats and kittens when medically recommended. Do not add to feline overpopulation as there are not enough good homes for them. And keep them indoors only. Do not let them out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dino123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't know what you are looking for in the way of help, D Dino123 , but hoping others will be able to help you. Please spay/neuter your cats and kittens when medically recommended. Do not add to feline overpopulation as there are not enough good homes for them. And keep them indoors only. Do not let them out.
Will they survive the night? How long can they go without mother's milk?? We don't even have any alternative

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
might be a good idea to begin reading up on how to bottle feed new born kittens along with finding fosters near you that have the space to take the kittens or help you out with advice on how to care for em far as your cat all you can do is expect the worst and hope for the best along with maybe getting outside and looking for your cat in the mean time hope she makes it back safe and you keep her inside if/when she does

Dino123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
might be a good idea to begin reading up on how to bottle feed new born kittens along with finding fosters near you that have the space to take the kittens or help you out with advice on how to care for em far as your cat all you can do is expect the worst and hope for the best along with maybe getting outside and looking for your cat in the mean time hope she makes it back safe and you keep her inside if/when she does
What about the kittens will they survive for more 6hrs. The shops won't open until then or even the vet. Is there anything I can give them so they survive

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First, take a deep breath and calm down. You cannot help the kittens if you are frantic.

They need to be kept warm because they are too young to regulate their temperature. Fill a sock with dry rice, tie shut, and heat in microwave for a few minutes. It should feel pleasantly warm against your wrist, not hot. The kittens can snuggle with this, it will stay warm for a while, then need another pass through the microwave to re-warm.

A towel over the kittens will help retain the heat better than open to the air.

Keep calling outside for the mother cat.

You can rub a little honey on each kitten's gums for quick energy. Just get a dab on your finger tip, gently open their mouth, smear, go on to next kitten. Occasional, not every few minutes.

Tomorrow, fortunately a weekday, get KMR kitten milk replacer.Powder that you mix is better than pre-mixed. Also feeding bottles and nipples. You might also want to get some syringes without needles in case kittens have trouble nursing from bottle.

Keep looking for mother cat.

My thoughts will be with you, hoping for a positive update, h*ll, for any and all updates.

Jcatbird Jcatbird StefanZ StefanZ please offer your expert help in this emergency.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Will they survive the night? How long can they go without mother's milk?? We don't even have any alternative
Healthy kittens should survive the night. During the time, you can always try to give them some droplets of water from your fingers. Be sure they are warm and comfortable, as momma isnt there to warm up them.

Last edited:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What about the kittens will they survive for more 6hrs. The shops won't open until then or even the vet. Is there anything I can give them so they survive
i dunno man i've never bottle fed/raised kittens before if i was you i would be outside looking all over for her until i found herand have another family member keeping watchin at the house to let her backin if she came back while i was gone

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Catapault gave you excellent advices.
As said, if they are healthy its not that dramatic.

tomorrow, goats milk i OK too if you have difficult to find a good kmr. Powder Milk for human infants can be used in a pinch, just dilute it less.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can give them some lukewarm water from your fingers. And smear a droplet of honey or white caro syrup on their gums if necessary. As Catapault wrote.

Dino123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
First, take a deep breath and calm down. You cannot help the kittens if you are frantic.

They need to be kept warm because they are too young to regulate their temperature. Fill a sock with dry rice, tie shut, and heat in microwave for a few minutes. It should feel pleasantly warm against your wrist, not hot. The kittens can snuggle with this, it will stay warm for a while, then need another pass through the microwave to re-warm.

A towel over the kittens will help retain the heat better than open to the air.

Keep calling outside for the mother cat.

You can rub a little honey on each kitten's gums for quick energy. Just get a dab on your finger tip, gently open their mouth, smear, go on to next kitten. Occasional, not every few minutes.

Tomorrow, fortunately a weekday, get KMR kitten milk replacer.Powder that you mix is better than pre-mixed. Also feeding bottles and nipples. You might also want to get some syringes without needles in case kittens have trouble nursing from bottle.

Keep looking for mother cat.

My thoughts will be with you, hoping for a positive update, h*ll, for any and all updates.

Jcatbird Jcatbird StefanZ StefanZ please offer your expert help in this emergency.
Hii I got great news after 5hrs and me having 3 mental breakdowns Mama cat is back!

Dino123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
T
Excellent. Make SURE she stays indoors.
Thankyou so much for your help I'll ensure she stays indoors. Actually she's a stray cat and this is the 1st time I'm taking care of a cat that's why I was panicking. We had a dog which passed away a few months ago. Then this cat started coming by we fed her and we noticed she was pregnant and as she's a strays she's a bit hard to keep indoors we always try but as soon as she gets a chance she runs outside. Now I'll properly keep an eye on her.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
T

Thankyou so much for your help I'll ensure she stays indoors. Actually she's a stray cat and this is the 1st time I'm taking care of a cat that's why I was panicking. We had a dog which passed away a few months ago. Then this cat started coming by we fed her and we noticed she was pregnant and as she's a strays she's a bit hard to keep indoors we always try but as soon as she gets a chance she runs outside. Now I'll properly keep an eye on her.
It helps if there is another door between your cat and the door leading outside when you have to come in and out. And if possible, if you can terminate the pregnancy it would be a kindness, and spay her. Many cats and kittens worldwide are without loving homes. It is so important not to add to this number. Cats, like us, are mammals, highly intelligent and sensitive, and with complex feelings and needs. For me, cats have always been family members, never "pets" and they deserve the best possible loving life homes and care.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wonderful news! Mom can come back into heat very quickly after having babies so a dash for the door can happen. I would be tempted to put her and babies in a room that can be shut off if an outside door must be opened.
You might go ahead and get some goats milk and high protein kitten food anyway. Mom cat could use the extra energy boost. IF you ever had to feed kittens, there are ways to do it. Watch the kittens feed now and observe how the are position on their belly to feed. Mom cat will wash their belly and bum yo stimulate bathroom activities and even to burp the baby! Lol The loving short licks to face and head provide more than cleaning, they provide affection. All of this can be imitated by a human. No body does it better than mom cat but we can be decent substitutes.
StefanZ StefanZ Is great at helping with kittens! You have the best guidance you could ask for. The info by C catapault with the sock is great too. I use one and warm it for about a minute and a half so kittens don’t get too warm. Wrapping it in a towel puts some space between them and the sock but I use a hot rice sock on my sore muscles snd it is fantastic! tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 taught me to use it on my pains. Love it! Please fo keep us posted.BTW, we love kitty pictures if you can post some.

Dino123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thankyou so much for your help everyone. Guys what if this situations occurs again? I'll get kitten formula and keep it if needy but will it be OK to give the kittens formula and then the mom cat returns will she nurse them?