Eek hurt his leg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought I would give a quick update on Eek! He is doing really well, has his check up tomarrow and even though I really dont think he'll do too well with a cast, I think they'll probably put one on there! He can walk and run, but it looks really funny when he does! He obviously favors it, but the cast will weigh as much as he does and I just dont know if he'll be able to walk at all with it on there. I really dont want them to give him any more of the pain killer that he had because it was Metacam, and they seem to use that alot, and I prefer to save that kind of stuff until its absolutely necessary! I liked it better when they had the pills I could just give them! But they Knocked poor BooBoo on his tooshy so they probably weren't much better for them! I think those ones were like toradol or something but the vet doesn't carry them anymore!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by saya

mk eek, your clover's going out in the mail today...
Thats so sweet!

They didn't cast him! They said he would have a hard time walking.... (like he doesn't now already??)

He's jumping and playing like normal, he just has a gimpy leg to go with it now! He's started to perk up a little bit and not be such a couch potato though, which is good! I havn't given him anymore of the Metacam, the vet said it would be fine if he needed, but that since he can manipulate it, it should be okay! The x-ray really didn't look too bad... At least I didn't think so, Ive seen worse breaks, but since its right at the elbow I think we'll have to see how he does... I think they should at least cast the elbow area if not the whole leg, but since Im not a vet who am I to say! It was a different vet today, the one I had today was the one who took care of Glitch the most, he's a nice got, I just think he's a little wet behind the ears yet!
Still a good vet none the less, and you gotta love their patience with my million and two questions for them!
Most vets would blow me off and mark me as annoying, instead they amuse me and answer my questions, and keep everything in a health record that I have on hand so I dont get confused!
I get to take him back next week for one more x-ray to make sure its still healing. I am so over paranoid I know, but now Im sitting here worried that he might get arthritis some odd years down the line! Isn't that dumb??? It hasn't happened yet so I shouldn't worry about it, but Poor BooBoo can tell me when bad weather is coming! He's a trooper though!!

I love you guys... You're so great to put up with me!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad Eek is doing fairly well! Sometimes docs don't cast broken bones...I had a broken pelvis, and I didn't, thank God. They just probably assume that you won't put weight on something that hurts and that will protect it.
Hugs to you and Eek.

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
o good!

I forgot MLK day so out in tomorrows mail I guess

at any rate you should have it soon although it's probably gonna be a little big for him yet

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well today Eek is being a big baby! He's not acting like he's in any pain, but he found my nap blanket that I got for christmas from Bath & Body works, and has taken to nursing on it!
he didn't use to nurse on things, at least not the way I wanted him to! I use to love to watch Glitch nurse on his blanket, so its kind of weird seeing Eek do it, because I wanted him to but he never would! Im hoping he just really likes the blanket and its nothing bad!

It almost seems like Glitch has possessed his body today! All the things that Glitch use to do he is now doing! He let me pick him up and he hugged me today, which was soo sweet!
Its like falling in love all over again!!

I know the nursing is a comfort thing, so Im not sure what to think about that, but he's still eating and drinking and peeing and pooping so I probably shouldn't worry about it! Its so sweet to watch!!

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm sure his paw is just bothering him and lying around alot can't feel too good either... just probably lookin' for a little comfort.

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So glad Eek is feeling better, and I am sure he is just returning all the love you have given him since he has been hurt... He feels better so he is thanking you.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I figured he was just lovin me up a little! How I love it when they nurse on stuff though! Right now he's not doing any of that though, he has found a twist tie! LOL He's majorly whoopin up on it too! LOL

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought Id put a pic of him up here since he's getting big now

Aren't they beautiful!!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know Saya! He is just getting huge! I think Im going to have a monster of a cat with him! Its so crazy too, at just a half pound when I got him, he has just gotten enormous! I like big kitties, and all mine seem to end up pretty big when they grow up so I think he's going to be a big Tom Cat! (without the bits n pieces, he loses them on the 31st!
)

So my baby is growing up!!
I guess growing up is better than the alternative, and just look how beautiful he is! He seems to get more handsome everyday!

Hey look! No more Katkwiz for me anymore!
This is my 1200 post!!
Darnnit, they should have a Katkwiz for people over 1200 posts! (because after two hours the question is normally answered already!)

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im gonna piggy back on my own thread here for a minute....

What organ can you feel right just below the ribs on the left side of a cat?? (if any)

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
the colon and intestines are there but I don't know if you can feel them

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah, he's doing pretty well actually! He still gimps on it, but I dont think its too bad!! He actually fell down again today and my DH was kind of disapointed! I guess it happens though! he's very clumsy!!

I just got Saya's gift in the mail of a four leaf clover for Eek!! Its so cute!!!

THANKS SAYA!!!