EEeeeeee!!! Harry Potter fans!!!

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sneakymom

My only problem is this. He's got all of these young girls (my 13 year old included) who just absolutly LOVE him. I'm not thrilled that he's gone on to do a movie with a nude scene in it- I can almost bet that dd's gonna want to see it, don't think so! At least not right now!
I don't think you have to worry about your daughter seeing it. IIRC, it's being performed onstage in London.

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok I feel really silly now

I saw the news article on CNN, read it, and THEN found out that yes, it's a play in London. Don't think we're going to be in London any time soon

He's still VERY handsome

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those came out 10 years ago?!?! I was in junior high 10 years ago?!? I seriously do not feel like that was all that long ago.

Oh, and HOOORAY!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know! I was in my first year of college 10 years ago.

I didn't know about Harry Potter until my senior year of College. I read all 4 books (out at the time) in less then a month. That's the fastest I ever read!

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

I know! I was in my first year of college 10 years ago.

I didn't know about Harry Potter until my senior year of College. I read all 4 books (out at the time) in less then a month. That's the fastest I ever read!
I was in graduate school
When HBP came out, I was discussing it with a college freshman who worked in the lab across the hall.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by okeefecl

I was in graduate school
When HBP came out, I was discussing it with a college freshman who worked in the lab across the hall.
When I was in junior high, my only friend was the school librarian. That's how I found out about HP. Actually, they didn't catch on like wildfire until they had been out for a couple years, if I remember correctly.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I've ordered mine from Amazon already!
Hmmm. I wonder if this means I have to go read them all again. Yep. I think that's what it means.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Hmmm. I wonder if this means I have to go read them all again. Yep. I think that's what it means.
I do that too! My niece has my copies of the first three right now, though, so I guess I'll have to get other copies.
I'm going to pre-order from Amazon, too, and make sure the house is clean and lessons prepared before it arrives that day!

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Part of me can't wait to read it, and part of me can knowing that it's the last book. More than likely I'll order it off of Amazon, like I've done in the past. It will be delivered on the day it comes out, so I know what I'll be doing that weekend!
What makes it even better is OOTP will be out in theatres the weekend before! It's going to be a Harry Potter month!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
i LOVE Harry Potter! (and i'm almost 23 lol). I'm looking forward to the next movie. God i can't believe how grown up Daniel looks in those pics for his new stage show. It's kind of scary that he plays such an innocent little boy in the HP series

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't wait!! I usually pre-order from Amazon, but I really don't want to wait two days to get it.
I'm debating on whether or not I should pre-order from the book store!! I want to read it right away! I'm soo excited, yet I know it's the last book so it's likely to be creepy, dreary, and suspenseful!!!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The media makes the play Daniel Radcliffe is staring in sound like some sleezy production, saying he has a love-affair with a horse. In reality Equus is a well-respected play, and is a much deeper and more involved story than "an erotic fixation for horses." I don't know why the media has to sensationalize everything.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Pre-ordered mine today. Since I work on Saturdays, I'm going to take a PTO day and spend the weekend with Harry, just like with the last two.

kittydad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Not sure what I will do myself. I borrowed my sister's copy of the 6th book, and I had to have it back to her in a week after borrowing it. That gave me time to read it twice, lol. So now I am waiting on the last installment to find out how is gonna get it, whether it is harry potter or lord voldemort????? I wonder who the new headmaster/mistress is gonna be at hogwarts too. But i have only been reading HP for a couple of years myself, but it has been wonderful.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittydad

Not sure what I will do myself. I borrowed my sister's copy of the 6th book, and I had to have it back to her in a week after borrowing it. That gave me time to read it twice, lol. So now I am waiting on the last installment to find out how is gonna get it, whether it is harry potter or lord voldemort????? I wonder who the new headmaster/mistress is gonna be at hogwarts too. But i have only been reading HP for a couple of years myself, but it has been wonderful.
My thought was that Hogwarts is done for. No one's going back.

4badcats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is brilliant news - we finally have a date for release!!! Been looking forward to this - can't believe it has been 2 years since the last one!!!

clu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm a little disappointed that the book and movie are being released a week apart. Now I won't have anything to hold me over until the sixth and seventh movies come out! I'll be doing the midnight release party for sure though. My friends and I always dress up and everything!

kittydad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

My thought was that Hogwarts is done for. No one's going back.
My thinking is that people will go back, but it definately will not be the same. Might even come under attacks from the death eaters, look how they got in in the 6th book. Should be interesting though. Looking forward to reading it.