Eat it or throw it out?

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Silverpawz

Although I do draw the line at cat sneezes. One of my kitties loves to sneeze right in my coffee if I'm not careful about keeping her away from it. Have to dump the cup everytime.
How nice of her to share!

I routinely share my cereal with my boys. I drink lactose free milk, so letting them have a few licks won't hurt.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll eat it.. it doesn't bother me when the kitties lick part of my food, but the dogs are a different story..

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I eat it, most the time. Now for some reason if the dogs lick something, I just let them have it or throw it away.
But it is so different with my cats.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scratch has no interest in what I eat. She won't even lick a popsicle or an ice cube if I'm eating one.

ocicat_steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
eat it! lol my lil ocicat has to try everything in my hand these days. i figure hey if she likes it and it's not unhealthy for her go ahead but she only likes to lick my mango. so i end up eating it.

i used to have a tabby that would steal my sandwiches if i wasn't paying attention. not just off the plate but right out of my hand!!! now he lives with my aunt and the first week she had him (i move to the UK and he lives with her in the US) she had a glass of chocolate milk. whilst she was on the phone and had finished her milk, Olly proceeded to finish the chocolate goo at the bottom of the glass like winnie the poo and a honey jar!!!
bless him, his brother was very ocicat like as well. he would steal candy and hide it and lick lolly pops. he would also fetch his little platapus beanie baby for hours. poor thing RIP mum let him out accidently one night and he never came in, the next morning i just saw the ground had been turned up and there was grey and white fur everywhere. i just assumed a coyote or racoon got him.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would just eat it...I'm not really all that weird about stuff like that. Cats don't really "slobber" when they lick something anyway, so it dosen't gross me out!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would most likely eat it, I might break off the part where it had been licked, but my kitties don't usually get a chance anymore, I never leave my food unattended, cause with 7 kitties its hard to keep an eye on all of them

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I am going to be in the minority here - but I would not eat it. I am allergic to cats, and would not want to take a chance I would have a reaction to her saliva. This isn't an issue in our house. Abby does not get close to our food.

mamasquishy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have always had inside cats. So, when it come to sharing my food I use to be against it. But, then I got wore down. Shenadoah espeacially is relentless when it comes to drinking MY ice water. He has ice water too, but, mine taste better to him I guess. My only thing is keeping them off the dinner table.

beatrix426

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I dunno I tend not to want to eat it because I see Zoe cleaning Cosmo's butt all the time and of course he cleans his own but Arthur tells me all the time how clean cat's tongues are..not sure if this is true but still I can't get that butt cleaning out of my head. But if it's something I really want then I would probably still eat it

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats and I share food all the time. Meats all the time...and Trixie looooves vanilla ice cream and yogurt...so it's one scoop for her, one scoop for me...lol.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I don't let my kitty up on the table, or on the counters, so I don't have too much to worry about her getting into our food. I don't really like let her eat off of our plates or dishes... I don't want her to get in that habit. But if she shows interest in the way dinner smells, she'll sit by daddy's feet and give him the adorable giant cat eyes, and we'll just make her her own plate to eat on the floor. If she did get into something that I left at her reach, I wouldn't be so freaked out by it though, I'd probably eat it anyway.

Last night hubby was eating Chex Mix in bed, and we usually give her treats in bed, and were giving her treats, but she was sniffing like crazy at the Chex Mix bag.... so hubby would give her a piece here & there, and she was very pleased!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

Yep... I'd eat it too.
Having 9 of them it's pretty hard to keep them out of at least trying. Mia's new favorite thing is the ice cubes in my drink.
I'm lucky if I get to eat any of it with 8 kittys, they like sit in the empty chairs at dinner time
and Zazzy lays her chin on the table, How on earth can you eat in front of that beautiful baby face
what cant get in the chairs are either trying to get in your lap, on the table or right at your feet

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yuck...I would throw it away..their tongues lick their privates!! :yuck: