Earthquake in New Zealand - anyone heard from Kellye?

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad you posted Sam! Super glad that you and yours are all OK.

Originally Posted by sarahp

I hope "everyone" includes the kitties. Really hoping the cats are ok too.
Huge sigh of relief that they are OK, but I had the same thought with Peedoodle and Kahu.

...until we know for sure...

and more for the entire city, region and country.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad to hear that you´re Ok Sam!...
and your kittys how are?...

I hope "everyone" includes the kitties. Really hoping the cats are ok too.

Thinking in Kellye Safety!

hope she´s fine...

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good to hear from you Sam.

And also, it's good of Kellye's aunt to post on Facebook, and thanks for passing that on, Susan.

Sending all sorts of vibes for everyone effected by this horrible disaster. Hope all the animals are safe.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear our TCS friends are ok. Sending vibes down that way to everyone to make it through ok..

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw this on the news last night also and pray everyone is safe altho I know some were supposedly buried under buildings. Many good being sent.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to hear that our NZ TCS members are safe
Still sending lots of thoughts and prayers to all of those families in NZ that have been affected by the earthquakes

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad that you both are ok, you two were the first two things that came to mind when I heard NZ earthquake. My heart is broken for all of the people who were not as lucky.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad all are accounted for... and I hope and trust that does include the kitties. It's heartbreaking to see such a beautiful country devastated, and so many people on the streets in shock. I hope New Zealanders know our hearts are with them.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kellye's aunt just updated that the kitties are both fine too - whew! They still have no power, and the house is badly damaged, so I imagine it will be a while before things settle down again.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sarah, Susan, thank you for the info via FB.
SO GLAD Kellye and her family - including the kitties, are OK!

Sam, thanks for posting!!!!!!

for everyone affected, especially the family and friends of our TCS members (including any fur kids!). Things like this are so scary.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

Kellye's aunt just updated that the kitties are both fine too - whew! They still have no power, and the house is badly damaged, so I imagine it will be a while before things settle down again.
It's good to hear the kitties are okay, too! My heart goes out to the people of Christchurch.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A friend of Kellyes has posted this on her fb wall basically saying what her Aunty said

They're all fine (including the cats), just no power or water. She does say that they have no idea of what is happening, or what will happen.

Thank goodness the cats are ok as well

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so glad that Kellye, family and kitties are safe.
Unfortunately, this is just the beginning of their ordeal.

Sending love and hope that everything needed to begin a recovery becomes available quickly.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Heres the latest update from Kellyes Aunty a few seconds ago

Hi everyone, I have had a talk with Kellye's Dad this morning and he assures me that Kellye is ok - their house has moved even more than it had from the first quake last September, but they're still living there. It may be too damaged for it to be rebuilt, but that's something most of ChCh will face eventually. It's just one day at a time for everyone, and kellye has a wonderfully supportive family behind her. Just keep her in your thoughts and prayers - that helps too.

More coming over

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So happy to hear that Kellye and Sam, families and kitties are unhurt. I know that property damage is terrible and will be such a terrible time for Kellye in getting that sorted; but at least it's just the bricks and mortar that is damaged.

Sending many vibes that aftershocks don't cause more damage for them and keeping everybody over there in my thoughts. It's just so devastating - those poor, poor people

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cannot imagine how hard this must be to go through.

Everyone is in my prayers....kitties and all animals who were in this terrible thing.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here's an up date from Kellye herself!

Hi guys, we are all okay. We have no power or water yet. I have hurt my ribs from being thrown at the door frame but am ok. The cats are fine - Peedoodle was very upset and hid for a while after the big one but he is ok now. Kahu is more annoyed that the ground interrupted his sleep.
I hope to be in touch with you all again soon. ...Thank you so much for all your messages. I love you xoxo

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank goodness! So glad to hear they are okay and she could at least get word out.