Dunkin' Donuts Coffee vs. Starbucks vs. McD vs. local coffee shops. Which is better?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

watchcaddy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kellyyfaber

I drink lots of coffee and try lots of different kinds and brands.
We can tell as everything is in bold.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i cant believe that mc donalds coffee is even rated, i mean that stuff tastes gross, no matter in which country i am.

If you want real coffee go to italy!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I don't drink Coffee but My Grandson is a Barista at " The Coffee Bean"
And he swears by it
But I think someone swears by whatever they sell to

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read a consumer's reports article that said DD was better than Starbucks and I don't agree at all. I bought a lb. of the Dunkin Donuts variety and couldn't even finish it- regardless of how much flavored creamer I added. It had so many quakers- light beans that are poor in quality (not of the Friends variety
). I was shocked with the poor quality of the beans considering the review it got. The Starbucks stuff isn't that great either, but it's the best grocery store brand I've bought. Starbucks coffee from an actual shop is a lot better. My favorite coffees come local- Crazy Sisters Coffee Roasters and Old Crown Roasters. You can order Crazy Sisters online- http://www.crazysisterscoffee.com/ It is owned by an oncology nurse and her sister. Old Crown Roasters is amazing coffee- especially their house blend. You can also check them out online: http://www.oldcrown.com/

Enough plugging for my favorite local coffee roasters
If you want good coffee go local. Freshly roasted coffee beats any store brand hands down. It's totally different.

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I used to work at Gloria Jean's so I feel obligated to say they're the best. They're not but they're right near the top. So, I guess I didn't say their the best anyway...

I've a theory that Starbucks burns their beans to make their coffee taste "strong." They can keep it and do whatever McDonald's does with their leftovers.

If I'm eating a donut, too, I'll go to Krispy Kreme. I can't say how the coffee is but the donut's are the South's best kept secret!!!!